Cleveland Palin Dealer Offers Two Viewpoints on Ohio CHL

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Carr, the Floor Walker, notes the PD has offered two sides to the Ohio CHL legislation and history

Pro CHL:

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ss ... cart_river" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anti CHL:

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ss ... cart_river" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Cleveland Palin Dealer Offers Two Viewpoints on Ohio CHL

Post by rickt »

How about that. Toby Hoover has "retired" as director of OCAGV. I hope she got a wonderful retirement present for the great job she did over the last 10 years of stopping the expansion of gun rights.
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

I can't ever get over the fact of how she makes it sound like its so bad the gun is "hidden"..

Its like a hidden cell phone or worse... Perhaps a hidden wallet, fully loaded with cold hard cash that I might use. I might use it to purchase a dangerous fizzy coke-a-cola and a sandwich with piping hot steak and 6 slices of bacon that will most likely result in my almost immediate enjoyment and shortly followed death... Every time I enter the grocery store people are walking around with hidden car, van, truck key's perhaps later they will use their devious vehicle to be one of the 203 Fatal Crash victims in Ohio. (2013 OSHP Statistic)

Its so hidden and because you can't see it, it will definitely hurt you.

Reality is, folks that don't have a licence who are walking around with hidden guns, felony warrants for their arrest. These are the people causing the gun violence heartache. The folks who have no licence to drive a vehicle, still driving around anyways no licence, no insurance those are the people I am concerned with what their hiding.

However, I definitely have compassion for someone who has lost a loved one. I hope she finds peace and realizes that what were hiding, is to protect that peace of ours.
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by cashman966 »

From Toby's tripe
Not liking any restrictions on carrying weapons, Ohio legislators have passed bills to allow...

veterans younger than age 21 to get a permit (even though they are at a higher risk for suicide),

Is this true or just a blatant lie?
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

I'm sure they're higher than something

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2014/01 ... t-suicide/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This says that 18 to 24 year olds have a higher risk
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
zeko

Post by zeko »

rickt wrote:How about that. Toby Hoover has "retired" as director of OCAGV. I hope she got a wonderful retirement present for the great job she did over the last 10 years of stopping the expansion of gun rights.
Interesting that she is "retired" . . .

When did she retire? Who then is the present director of OCAGV? And . . . if there is another director of OCAGV, why is Toby Hoover the one still quoted when a reporter thinks something from the anti-gun side is needed?

Does anyone know?

Zeko
cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by cashman966 »

Chuck wrote:I'm sure they're higher than something

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2014/01 ... t-suicide/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This says that 18 to 24 year olds have a higher risk

I was wondering more about the issuing of permits [sic] to veterans under the age of 21 part.
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

Bold face lie.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

zeko wrote:
rickt wrote:How about that. Toby Hoover has "retired" as director of OCAGV. I hope she got a wonderful retirement present for the great job she did over the last 10 years of stopping the expansion of gun rights.

When did she retire? Who then is the present director of OCAGV? And . . . if there is another director of OCAGV, why is Toby Hoover the one still quoted when a reporter thinks something from the anti-gun side is needed?

Does anyone know?

Zeko

I researched her once, at that time she was a one person organization with a fax machine and access to money from anti-2A sources. Heard she expanded a while back and doubled the staff. For those that do not know, her husband was killed, and she has always blamed legal firearms and their owners instead of the criminal that murdered her husband. Don't know why she is quoted so often. or ever, actually..... She has a 000.01% accuracy level.
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

techmike wrote:
zeko wrote:

Does anyone know?

Zeko

I researched her once, at that time she was a one person organization with a fax machine and access to money from anti-2A sources. Heard she expanded a while back and doubled the staff. For those that do not know, her husband was killed, and she has always blamed legal firearms and their owners instead of the criminal that murdered her husband. Don't know why she is quoted so often. or ever, actually..... She has a 000.01% accuracy level.
I believe her hubby was killed some 41 years ago. Me thinks she just needs to let go of the past.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

The "hidden gun" bit is their attempt to turn their argument into a civil right....as in "I have a right to be in a location where people are't carrying a gun"

This falls down on several counts:

1 You can frequent only CPZ establishments....which is a hassle. The CHL carrier knows this all too well in reverse, so no points here.

2 Established criminals carry a gun without regard to the law....the point of having a CHL to defend yourself,,,defense being key here...thus the other person is the aggressor (read bad guy). So you can be free of law-abiding citizens carrying a hidden gun, but there will still be hidden guns carried by criminals (who, in most cases, can not even hold one legally)

3 Only recently has negative rights become popular. You can read the First Amendment as Freedom of Religion or Freedom From Religion.....only recently has the population moved toward the "from". But many people, beyond improper legalistic shinangans we see in the paper, still look at our system of government as positive rights. In this case, the negative right is freedom from hidden guns, while the positive right is you can carry a hidden gun if you freely choose to do so.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

Did a little research on Toby's Husband. His name was Dale Stone, 33. He was the son of a hardware store owner in Toledo (Gemple-Stone Hardware). John T Auld, a Michigan prison escapee (rape, kidnapping and armed robbery), walked into the store with stolen guns but no bullets. Asked for bullets. When they were handed to him he loaded the gun and proceeded to rob the place and take the employee with him. Dale Stone walked out of an office in response to a female employee screaming and he was shot.

Escaped convict, convicted felon, stolen gun, what laws would have prevented this? Maybe if Dale Stone came out of the office with a loaded gun things might have been different. Just saying.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
charliej47
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by charliej47 »

:roll: Control freaks will always find people(dupes) to do their bidding. :twisted:
Charles Johnson Jr
12GA. pump - Home defense
40 Cal. Main Carry
380 BUG
22lr Live fire practice
The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!
I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

Everyone who receives the protection of society owes a return for the benefit. John Stuart Mill, On Liberty
(English economist & philosopher. 1806 - 1873)