NRA Board of Directors

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Birdman

Re: NRA Board of Directors

Post by Birdman »

Mr Webb will NEVER get my vote.
JEaton, I will check out your list.
“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people’s minds”-Sam Adams

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
- Mark Twain, Notebook, 1935
BobK

Post by BobK »

If anyone wants to know about Charles L. Cotton, he describes his 2A advocacy here: https://www.texasfirearmscoalition.com/ ... -elections" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He also is requesting support for two other current board members:

CHIEF J. WILLIAM "BILL" CARTER (RET)
Bill Carter is a current NRA Board Member with excellent Second Amendment credentials. Bill is the son of Harlan Carter, a man who is credited with saving the NRA and creating the NRA Institute of Legislative Action that has become the bullwork against anti-gun efforts. Bill has inherited his father's drive to protect the Second Amendment and preserve and expand the NRA and its goals.

CURTIS JENKINS, ESQ.
Curtis Jenkins an an attorney in Atlanta Georga and a current NRA Board Member and Member of the NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund. Curtis is a former Member of the George House of Representatives who was known as ardent defender of the rights of gun owners under both the United States and Georgia Constitutions.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Tweed Ring wrote:
JEaton wrote:...

Write in:
Sean Maloney Liberty Twp OH
Generally, I bullet vote. Who is Sean Maloney, and why should I vote for him?
Sean works with Linda at BFA.
MyWifeSaidYes
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Thank you.
mreising

Post by mreising »

Birdman wrote:Mr Webb will NEVER get my vote.
JEaton, I will check out your list.
It doesn't look like Mr. Webb will be getting any votes unless they are write-in. He is not on the ballot.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
JEaton

Post by JEaton »

Tweed Ring wrote: Generally, I bullet vote. Who is Sean Maloney, and why should I vote for him?

Sean is a local gun rights attorney in SW Ohio and past NRA volunteer of the year. He also volunteered and traveled to Colorado and Virginia last year for the recall and Governor's races.
http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/8321
http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/7986
http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/9118

He has been serving on some of the NRA committees, but is not currently on the board.

PM me for more details if want.

JLE
BobK

Post by BobK »

Each year I try to choose those select NRA candidates I feel will most effectively represent the NRA's principles, and who will fight to uphold the Second Amendment.

Some nominees have enough online presence to glean in-depth information, some don't.

I vote only for for those in whom I have confidence; the rest of the ballot markers are left blank.

I recommend others do the same. This isn't a test where coloring in more dots improves your odds of guessing a correct answer.

The NRA ballot is purely--and correctly--by the numbers. Total votes are counted. That means if you randomly vote for nominees to round-out your ballot, you will have diluted votes for the candidates you really wanted.

Do your research, and vote only for those nominees that you know you support.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
mreising

Post by mreising »

As BobK and JEaton said, be selective in your voting and vote for the ones you really want to see on the Board and don't dilute your vote.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
Glock Rock

Post by Glock Rock »

How about for 2015? Linda not on this year.