HB 234: Allows supressors while hunting

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: HB 234: Allows supressors while hunting

Post by rickt »

curmudgeon3 wrote:Probably just coincidental, but wasn't it two years ago that Gov. Kasich ousted Kevin DeWine from the leadership role in the OGA and all the pro-RKBA bills stopped coming to his desk for approval ?
DeWine was ousted as chairman of the state GOP, not OGA. So I don't see the connection.
Pecker

Post by Pecker »

I really don't want to have to take the suppressor off my Savage .22 for Squirrels, but I guess I'll have to.
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

rickt wrote:
curmudgeon3 wrote:Probably just coincidental, but wasn't it two years ago that Gov. Kasich ousted Kevin DeWine from the leadership role in the OGA and all the pro-RKBA bills stopped coming to his desk for approval ?
DeWine was ousted as chairman of the state GOP, not OGA. So I don't see the connection.
What's your best guess about no RKBA improvement bill(s) arriving at the Gov.'s desk for that two-year period vs the previous 2-yr period ? The political campaigning didn't begin that early.
Ring

Post by Ring »

today...

Good morning,

House Bill 234, gun suppressors, will have its fourth hearing in the Senate Civil Justice Committee next Wednesday, November 12th at 9:45 AM in the Senate Finance Hearing Room.

ALL testimony (proponent/opponent/interested party) may be presented in person and/or in writing. If you wish to provide any testimony, please email directly to Emily Groseclose along with the attached witness slip no later than 24 hours in advance. Below is Emily’s contact information.

Emily Groseclose
Legislative Aide
Senator William P. Coley, II
emily.groseclose@ohiosenate.gov
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Thank you for posting this
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
GatorNavy

Post by GatorNavy »

Chuck wrote:Thank you for posting this
Same from me
Come and get'em
davcar45

Post by davcar45 »

Has this already passed the house? Assume since it's in the Senate that it did. 4th hearing.... How many more? Next step, vote in the Senate, if passes heads to Governor for signing? That about right? All this has to happen before Dec 19th or whenever the end of the session is right?
NRA Endowment Life Member
http://www.assaultweapon.info
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rickt »

Ohio Senate delays vote on suppressors

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories ... ssors.html
BobK

Post by BobK »

rickt wrote:Ohio Senate delays vote on suppressors
Dispatch wrote:Committee members last week delayed a vote on the bill until this week, saying they needed to determine whether suppressors eliminate the sound of a gunshot or merely muffle them.
Sounds like someone during proponent testimony failed to explain the basics. :roll: :roll:
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Somebody wants to go shooting
The House committee did the same thing
Once they see that suppressors don't "silence" we'll get the vote,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
johnwilliamson062

Post by johnwilliamson062 »

It seems reasonable to me that they want to experience the effects of a suppressor themselves before voting. Considering how cheap it is to allow them to do so it would be irresponsible of them not to.