16th Ohio District: Bay Village, Westlake, N. Olmsted...

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

16th Ohio District: Bay Village, Westlake, N. Olmsted...

Post by rickt »

...Fairview Park and Rocky River residents: Our current representatative, Sally Conway Kilbane voted against the CCW bill (HB 12).

Ed Herman, who ran against Dennis Kucinich last year, has now declared his candidacy for 16th Ohio house district (http://www.herman2006.com/)

I sent Ed an email several days ago asking him his stance on CCW in general and Aslanides HB 347 in particular. This afternoon, I received a phone call from Ed.

We discussed CCW for about 15 minutes and here is what I gleaned from our conversation. He supports our second amendment rights and is comfortable with firearms. He told me his dad retired from the Cleveland PD as a captain so he grew up with firearms always around the house. He didn't tell me this on the phone, but I remember from his previous campaign that he is an Army veteran who spent some time in Afghanistan.

While he isn't totally up to speed on all the particulars of Ohio's law, he supports CCW and after I explained some of the problems with Ohio's current law, and I explained what Aslanides bill would fix, he said he would be supportive of such efforts.

My main impression is Ed Herman would be a major improvement over Sally Conway Kilbane.