HB347 = NOT MUCH

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Lets get behind this change

Post by rickt »

uperrsc wrote:It may not be PERFECT but I sure don't see any NEGATIVES to what the specified changes include. Here is the list of what I see that it modifies:

(1) Creates a clear definition of - "plain sight" in a motor vehicle;
The phrase "in plain sight" is struck from the law (lines 2703-2706) so a definition of the phrase will be moot.
RamingtonStall

New Proposal for Concealed Carry

Post by RamingtonStall »

I have certain parts which, upon reading, I wondered why did they bother to submit such a document without bothering to fix the stupid State and City Restroom provisions. But, then when I found the Car carry subtle changes and some of the Affirmative Defense changes, I understood that it is indeed a good step forward.

Probably the recent situation in New Orleans will help us to move faster with getting the needed changes enacted and signed into law.

Roy
Roy from Westerville
Safer Sidewalks with CCW. Do you have your Ohio CHL?
"Remember New Orleans!" ..... NRA September 2005
Hermangotshisguns
Illegal Duplicate User

Re: New Proposal for Concealed Carry

Post by Hermangotshisguns »

RamingtonStall wrote:I have certain parts which, upon reading, I wondered why did they bother to submit such a document without bothering to fix the stupid State and City Restroom provisions. But, then when I found the Car carry subtle changes and some of the Affirmative Defense changes, I understood that it is indeed a good step forward.

Probably the recent situation in New Orleans will help us to move faster with getting the needed changes enacted and signed into law.

Roy
You should have read of of the previous posts.