ROBERT LUDEMAN BACK CARTY FINKBEINER!!

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Hermangotshisguns
Illegal Duplicate User

ROBERT LUDEMAN BACK CARTY FINKBEINER!!

Post by Hermangotshisguns »

THIS ABSOLUE BS! BUT ITS TRUE! I GUESS EVERYONE PICKED THE WRONG GUY EH?

http://www.wspd.com/cc-common/local_new ... feed=local
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

I think this year I'm gonna vote for None of the Above. Carty has been the Mayor of Toledo before. He was an absolute disaster.

I'll grant that there is no greater cheerleader for Toledo than Carty, but he makes for a miserable leader. He micromanages, misspeaks, and misleads. I voted for him once, but then he came up with his "Saturday Night Special" law and I didn't vote for him a second time.

Mayor Jack Ford is a much more personable and pleasant man. But when he voted to break the city council deadlock in favor of continuing Carty's gun ban which was set to expire, he lost my vote.

Ludeman was one of the few city councilmen with any brains or vestiges of sanity. Unfortunately, he ran for mayor as a Republican and thus never even had a chance.

Having no mayor at all would be preferable to having either Carty or Ford. Neither of these loons has a care for individual rights. Both are wholly in the pocket of the Democratic Party.
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Hermangotshisguns
Illegal Duplicate User

tommcnaughton wrote:I think this year I'm gonna vote for None of the Above. Carty has been the Mayor of Toledo before. He was an absolute disaster.

I'll grant that there is no greater cheerleader for Toledo than Carty, but he makes for a miserable leader. He micromanages, misspeaks, and misleads. I voted for him once, but then he came up with his "Saturday Night Special" law and I didn't vote for him a second time.

Mayor Jack Ford is a much more personable and pleasant man. But when he voted to break the city council deadlock in favor of continuing Carty's gun ban which was set to expire, he lost my vote.

Ludeman was one of the few city councilmen with any brains or vestiges of sanity. Unfortunately, he ran for mayor as a Republican and thus never even had a chance.

Having no mayor at all would be preferable to having either Carty or Ford. Neither of these loons has a care for individual rights. Both are wholly in the pocket of the Democratic Party.
I am going to write myself in or Daffy Duck. I haven't decided. Maybe I will Vote for Tom Mc LOL
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Hermangotshisguns wrote:I am going to write myself in or Daffy Duck. I haven't decided.
Yup, that must be a tough call... 8)
Hermangotshisguns wrote:Maybe I will Vote for Tom Mc LOL

Heck, if everybody on this list were to write me in, I'd get nearly as many votes as Ludeman did.... :?
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Re: ROBERT LUDEMAN BACK CARTY FINKBEINER!!

Post by jgarvas »

Hermangotshisguns wrote:THIS ABSOLUE BS! BUT ITS TRUE! I GUESS EVERYONE PICKED THE WRONG GUY EH?

http://www.wspd.com/cc-common/local_new ... feed=local
He could be playing politics. You're the only elected Republican on council. How else will he get anything done? Also, if the district he represents overwhelmingly voted for Carty over Ludeman, this could help him keep his seat on council by supporting the people his district supports.

Those of you who have not fled Toledo, I envy your strength :)
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Re: ROBERT LUDEMAN BACK CARTY FINKBEINER!!

Post by TunnelRat »

jgarvas wrote:He could be playing politics. You're the only elected Republican on council. How else will he get anything done?
Yes, I was considering these very matters. Watching Ludeman trying to get anything done is like watching a long-tailed cat negotiating a room full of rocking chairs.

I spent about a decade as a registered Democrat when I first moved to Toledo. It was helpful for the many times I had to address the city council over one or another lame-brained gun bill. I switched to the Republican party during the 2000 primary so I could vote for W, and haven't gotten around to switching back yet.

The Republican Party here is a total washout. Keep in mind that Tom Noe (the guy in the news who likes to invest in coins..... :roll: ) has been the leader of the party here for years... :?
TunnelRat

Hermangotshisguns
Illegal Duplicate User

jgarvas wrote:
He could be playing politics. You're the only elected Republican on council. How else will he get anything done?
He has 2 years left on council and as far as I know the people voted him in and should have nothing to do in who he backs. But I dont claim to know anything
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Hermangotshisguns wrote:He has 2 years left on council and as far as I know the people voted him in and should have nothing to do in who he backs. But I dont claim to know anything
I find it interesting that, even though we may have strikingly different points of view on substance, principle, strategy, and tactics, we can from time to time find something on which we both agree.... 8)
TunnelRat

Glock and dagger

Post by Glock and dagger »

Beavis and Butthead for Mayor. It is an intellectual step up, right???
I'm Glock and Dagger and I approved this message.

"If it deprives just one citizen of their God-given rights, it's not worth it."
-evan price

FOOTOS... the Fresh Fighter
Hermangotshisguns
Illegal Duplicate User