Municipal Re-education 101: OFCC v. City of Campbell filed

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Coordinators, Moderators

Re: Municipal Re-education 101: OFCC v. City of Campbell fil

Postby pirateguy191 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:57 pm

"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
User avatar
pirateguy191
 
Posts: 10667
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:06 pm
Location: 44146

Re: Municipal Re-education 101: OFCC v. City of Campbell fil

Postby TJW815 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:46 pm

Javelin Man wrote:
TJW815 wrote:Wow, necro-thread!


Nah, just brought it back from the dead...



So Franken-thread or Zombie thread?
User avatar
TJW815
 
Posts: 2432
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:13 pm
Location: Warren County

Re: Municipal Re-education 101: OFCC v. City of Campbell fil

Postby Brian D. » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:48 pm

Ah the memories of Campbell, Ohio. Should have named that town in the olde English tradition: "Toilet-on-the-Mahoning".

For those who haven't ever heard this story, please watch the video above. Watch for the cops taking cash so that we could be "protected" in their park.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Brian D.
 
Posts: 14568
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:42 pm
Location: SW Ohio

Re: Municipal Re-education 101: OFCC v. City of Campbell fil

Postby Javelin Man » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:57 pm

Heck of a trumpet player!!! Glad someone had a flag to hoist.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member
 
Posts: 6806
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:53 pm
Location: Sandusky County

Re: Municipal Re-education 101: OFCC v. City of Campbell fil

Postby ohioborntexan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:09 pm

Brian D. wrote:Ah the memories of Campbell, Ohio. Should have named that town in the olde English tradition: "Toilet-on-the-Mahoning".

For those who haven't ever heard this story, please watch the video above. Watch for the cops taking cash so that we could be "protected" in their park.


If the City of Campbell is also trying to interfere with your First Amendment rights, someone with accounting experience and a couple of volunteers should start digging into Campbell’s finances for the last couple of years.

By charging for the demonstration then moving the location they have (in my opinion) shown they are not above a little old fashion corruption in the management of the city finances and/or other assets.
God bless America, and please hurry!

When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me
User avatar
ohioborntexan
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:39 pm

Re: Municipal Re-education 101: OFCC v. City of Campbell fil

Postby ohioborntexan » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:39 am

jgarvas wrote:Today Ohioans For Concealed Carry filed a lawsuit against the City of Campbell, Ohio in response to their obstinate handling of an illegal gun ban they adopted as emergency legislation. Despite over two months of communications and demands from our legal representation to repeal their ordinance, and despite two occasions where the City of Campbell's law director has been printed in the Vindicator indicating that the law must be repealed and the city can not accomplish what it wants under Ohio law, the city tabled legislation to repeal the law and sent it back to committee.

As recently as yesterday, the city suggested that it had home rule authority. In yesterday's Vindicator coverage of this weekend's rally Juanita Rich indicated that the repeal legislation will meet opposition in council. Ohioans For Concealed Carry feels that we have no other option but to seek a legal remedy and have filed a lawsuit today.

Read all of the details here

Go here for Rally information: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=41671

And please consider a donation to Ohioans For Concealed Carry today.


Folks, I know I don’t have a dog in this fight but it just chaps my “hoo ha” to see someone with a little authority try to assume more authority than they have, then try to suppress complaints.

That is not the country many men have fought and died for.

Could someone explain to me what the city expects to gain from these actions and tactics?

Surely they realize they can’t prevail in court. How could the counsel possibly believe the gun laws they enacted could last any longer than a snow ball in the Rio Grande valley in July?

You could tell me it’s none of my business but I am just trying to understand what these people believe and think.

I really wish I could donate but I am retired and we are on a very tight budget.
God bless America, and please hurry!

When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me
User avatar
ohioborntexan
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:39 pm

Re: Municipal Re-education 101: OFCC v. City of Campbell fil

Postby JediSkipdogg » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:27 pm

ohioborntexan wrote:
jgarvas wrote:Today Ohioans For Concealed Carry filed a lawsuit against the City of Campbell, Ohio in response to their obstinate handling of an illegal gun ban they adopted as emergency legislation. Despite over two months of communications and demands from our legal representation to repeal their ordinance, and despite two occasions where the City of Campbell's law director has been printed in the Vindicator indicating that the law must be repealed and the city can not accomplish what it wants under Ohio law, the city tabled legislation to repeal the law and sent it back to committee.

As recently as yesterday, the city suggested that it had home rule authority. In yesterday's Vindicator coverage of this weekend's rally Juanita Rich indicated that the repeal legislation will meet opposition in council. Ohioans For Concealed Carry feels that we have no other option but to seek a legal remedy and have filed a lawsuit today.

Read all of the details here

Go here for Rally information: http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=41671

And please consider a donation to Ohioans For Concealed Carry today.


Folks, I know I don’t have a dog in this fight but it just chaps my “hoo ha” to see someone with a little authority try to assume more authority than they have, then try to suppress complaints.

That is not the country many men have fought and died for.

Could someone explain to me what the city expects to gain from these actions and tactics?

Surely they realize they can’t prevail in court. How could the counsel possibly believe the gun laws they enacted could last any longer than a snow ball in the Rio Grande valley in July?

You could tell me it’s none of my business but I am just trying to understand what these people believe and think.


Well, we won that one found here...

https://ohioccw.org/201106074935/ofcc-c ... ption.html

ohioborntexan wrote:I really wish I could donate but I am retired and we are on a very tight budget.


Well, I'm not sure what part of Ohio you are from, but Chuck, Aaron, and Don are always looking for gun show workers throughout the state. It costs you nothing besides the little gas to get there and you get into the show for free. Workers even have a chance to win a free gun for all of their hard work throughout the year.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
User avatar
JediSkipdogg
 
Posts: 10096
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:03 pm
Location: Batavia

Re: Municipal Re-education 101: OFCC v. City of Campbell fil

Postby Brian D. » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:39 pm

ohioborntexan wrote:
Brian D. wrote:Ah the memories of Campbell, Ohio. Should have named that town in the olde English tradition: "Toilet-on-the-Mahoning".

For those who haven't ever heard this story, please watch the video above. Watch for the cops taking cash so that we could be "protected" in their park.


If the City of Campbell is also trying to interfere with your First Amendment rights, someone with accounting experience and a couple of volunteers should start digging into Campbell’s finances for the last couple of years.

By charging for the demonstration then moving the location they have (in my opinion) shown they are not above a little old fashion corruption in the management of the city finances and/or other assets.


You DO realize this all happened several years ago, right ? And that it's over ? I see no earthly good wasting time and effort chasing corruption there now.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Brian D.
 
Posts: 14568
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:42 pm
Location: SW Ohio

Re: Municipal Re-education 101: OFCC v. City of Campbell fil

Postby ohioborntexan » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:07 pm

Sigh.

I didn’t look at the date.
As someone on another forum said.
I'm gonna go live in a cave and eat worms.
God bless America, and please hurry!

When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me
User avatar
ohioborntexan
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:39 pm

Re: Municipal Re-education 101: OFCC v. City of Campbell fil

Postby Brian D. » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:15 pm

Don't feel bad I am glad for the look back. Also a good reminder of why I have only ever visited some towns once.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Brian D.
 
Posts: 14568
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:42 pm
Location: SW Ohio

Re: Municipal Re-education 101: OFCC v. City of Campbell fil

Postby ohioborntexan » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:49 pm

I sure hope Ohio and Texas get reciprocity worked out. When I come home I can carry all the way to the Ohio River then I have to stop, disarm, unload and put it in a case in the back of the Durango. From there it is only about twenty minutes to the house.
God bless America, and please hurry!

When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me
User avatar
ohioborntexan
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:39 pm

Re: Municipal Re-education 101: OFCC v. City of Campbell fil

Postby diamondsun » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:28 pm

Also already done. We recognize Texas licenses, and Texas recognizes any Ohio license after our NICS check went into effect...sometime in mid-May of this year IIRC. The only places your Texas license isn't good is the Northeast (minus Vermont, Delaware, and Pennsylvania) , Illinois, and the West Coast (including Nevada). These days, the only difference that I can see is that the Ohio license gives you Washington and Nevada. All else is the same.

P.s. This site gives you a carry reciprocity map. http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html
To America's Citizen Soldier; Who answered the call; Climbed the hill; Paid the price; And never let us down.
User avatar
diamondsun
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:10 pm
Location: Medway, Oh. -Clark County

Re: Municipal Re-education 101: OFCC v. City of Campbell fil

Postby BobK » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:27 pm

ohioborntexan wrote:I sure hope Ohio and Texas get reciprocity worked out. When I come home I can carry all the way to the Ohio River then I have to stop, disarm, unload and put it in a case in the back of the Durango.

Your Texas CHL is already valid in Ohio.

When I was last in Ohio, I carried on my Texas license instead of my Ohio license. 8)
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
User avatar
BobK
 
Posts: 15602
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:26 pm
Location: Houston TX (formerly Franklin County)

Previous

Return to Tweed Ring's Ohio Politics and Legislation

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests