Where's OH's Fix-It Bill?

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

eddandy

Where's OH's Fix-It Bill?

Post by eddandy »

For months I've picked up bits and pieces of so called "news", mostly on this site, that a number of fixes are being "considered". Even OFCC mentioned in July that they would have some news in a few weeks.
Well September is just about a week away and soon the year will come to a close with possibly no action. Already Koziura (D-Lorain) has introduced HB324 with eight (D) co-sponsors. This bill is going nowhere but it demonstrates that the opposition is active.
If Aslanides or somebody else is planning to introduce a bill or even a couple of amendments to other bills, then perhaps OFCC should inquire as to their intentions and inform the membership. I'm tired of reading posts like "I think they should--" do this or that. Keeping members informed should be one of the reasons an organization exists. If no information is available because our friends in Columbus can't make up their minds then let's report that fact. No news is not always good news.
Brian_Horton

Post by Brian_Horton »

Personally I don't expect to see any major improvements to the Ohio CCW law until we get Taft out of office. Heard some interesting scuttlebutt recently that his wife hates guns and is calling all the shots in regards to CCW and that she was a major reason why Taft made rediculous requests for things in the law.
When the goin' gets tough, the tough go cyclic.

Happiness is a crew served weapon.
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Re: Where's OH's Fix-It Bill?

Post by jgarvas »

eddandy wrote:For months I've picked up bits and pieces of so called "news", mostly on this site, that a number of fixes are being "considered". Even OFCC mentioned in July that they would have some news in a few weeks.
Well September is just about a week away and soon the year will come to a close with possibly no action. Already Koziura (D-Lorain) has introduced HB324 with eight (D) co-sponsors. This bill is going nowhere but it demonstrates that the opposition is active.
If Aslanides or somebody else is planning to introduce a bill or even a couple of amendments to other bills, then perhaps OFCC should inquire as to their intentions and inform the membership. I'm tired of reading posts like "I think they should--" do this or that. Keeping members informed should be one of the reasons an organization exists. If no information is available because our friends in Columbus can't make up their minds then let's report that fact. No news is not always good news.
Eddy,

The legislature is in recess for the summer like they are every year :)

There will be a bill eventually introduced by Jim Aslanides that includes pre-emption, a car carry fix, and many other items. However, from what I'm hearing, there are going to be some things in this bill that many of us will not like.

I am concerned about that, and unfortunately, there is no bill at this time. One of the problems is the fact that the Speaker of the House may not be as friendly as Larry Householder was.

Secondly, with Taft's "image" destroyed and his hatred of gun owners, I believe it will take a small miracle to get another gun bill past him in the near future. I have been wrong before.

We were all under the impression something was going to be introduced by now, so I share your frustration.

-Jeff Garvas
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.
wildbill

Speaker of the House - Jon Husted

Post by wildbill »

I'll lay my money right now the new and current Speaker, Jon Husted, is not gun friendly, if I base my assumptions on his inactions. As my District Representative, he has not answered any emails from me concerning HB12, or any other email referencing enhancement of the current law.

I did email his office on another matter, just as a test, a behold I received an email back within the hour.

Another potental problem, but not in our House or Senate, is Mike Turner. His office operates in the same manner, and he is questionable at best as a supporter.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Speaker of the House - Jon Husted

Post by TunnelRat »

wildbill wrote:I'll lay my money right now the new and current Speaker, Jon Husted, is not gun friendly, if I base my assumptions on his inactions. As my District Representative, he has not answered any emails from me concerning HB12, or any other email referencing enhancement of the current law.

I did email his office on another matter, just as a test, a behold I received an email back within the hour.

Another potental problem, but not in our House or Senate, is Mike Turner. His office operates in the same manner, and he is questionable at best as a supporter.
Perhaps it would be worth our while to orchestrate a writing campaign to wise up the two offices..? :D
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Glock and dagger

Post by Glock and dagger »

Personally I don't expect to see any major improvements to the Ohio CCW law until we get Taft out of office.
Me either. I'd like to see him impeached, now, though. Maybe then, certain things will change.
Heard some interesting scuttlebutt recently that his wife hates guns and is calling all the shots in regards to CCW and that she was a major reason why Taft made rediculous requests for things in the law.
Who elected that {inappropriate language}, anyway? I don't recall seeing her name on the ballot. That does explain lots, right there.
I'm Glock and Dagger and I approved this message.

"If it deprives just one citizen of their God-given rights, it's not worth it."
-evan price

FOOTOS... the Fresh Fighter
Safety Guy

Post by Safety Guy »

I was apprehensive about our "CCW provision" from the beginning. I had fought for over five years for almost any type of CCW law, but gave up and decided it was "Vermont or nothing."

Guess I was right.

I'm switching to Democrat and voting for Ted Strickland in the primary. I think the Republicans need to have some serious punishment before they get the message.

May as well let Columbus City Council run the state.

First "King George" then "Tyrant Taft."

I really really HATE politics!

Karl
I WANT VERMONT! (OR "ALASKA")
That's FIRST AMENDMENT CRUSADER PIGLET!