THOUGHTS ON TED STRICKLAND FOR GOV

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Ber9000

THOUGHTS ON TED STRICKLAND FOR GOV

Post by Ber9000 »

Any thoughts on this person? Whats his stand on 2A? I don't know anything about him.
Brian_Horton

Post by Brian_Horton »

Ted Strickland is pro gun. I'd rather see Strickland be the governor than Betty Montgomery.
When the goin' gets tough, the tough go cyclic.

Happiness is a crew served weapon.
THE BIG HAMMER

Post by THE BIG HAMMER »

Brian_Horton wrote:Ted Strickland is pro gun. I'd rather see Strickland be the governor than Betty Montgomery.
I would have to agree. This guy is more conservative than Betty Montgomery, she's just a RINO.
NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
OFCC MEMBER, NWTF MEMBER,
PHEASANTS FOREVER MEMBER
marinecorpsmike

Post by marinecorpsmike »

Ted Strickland is one of the few Democrats that I would vote for without hesitation.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

marinecorpsmike wrote:Ted Strickland is one of the few Democrats that I would vote for without hesitation.
If he were to switch to the right side he could possibly win my support....but there'll be frost in hell the day I vote for a dem.
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

petrofergov wrote: If he were to switch to the right side he could possibly win my support....but there'll be frost in hell the day I vote for a dem.

Serious question:
Would you vote for a C or D rated ( on the 2A) Republican, instead of a A rated Democrat? :?:
If so, how does that help the 2A? How would that help CCW reform in Ohio?
If you are a one party only voter-why even ask a candidate there opinion on CCW,etc.? I'ts not going to effect your vote, is it?

My primary issue on deciding who to vote for is the 2A. Other issues that are important to me are a tie breaker if necessary.

Nothing personal, no flame intended P4G, I happen to like your posts.
I just don't belive in rigidly following any party lines.

Brian_Horton: edited to correct format
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

JU-87 wrote:Would you vote for a C or D rated ( on the 2A) Republican, instead of a A rated Democrat? :?:
I am a one-issue voter. I vote for those who vote for my firearms rights.

If a Pubby turns on me, I'll readily turn on him. Take Mike DeWine for example...
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

JU-87 wrote:petroforgov said:
If he were to switch to the right side he could possibly win my support....but there'll be frost in hell the day I vote for a dem.
Serious question:
Would you vote for a C or D rated ( on the 2A) Republican, instead of a A rated Democrat? :?:
If so, how does that help the 2A? How would that help CCW reform in Ohio?
If you are a one party only voter-why even ask a candidate there opinion on CCW,etc.? I'ts not going to effect your vote, is it?

My primary issue on deciding who to vote for is the 2A. Other issues that are important to me are a tie breaker if necessary.

Nothing personal, no flame intended P4G, I happen to like your posts.
I just don't belive in rigidly following any party lines.
Show me an A rated dem and a c or d rated Republican in the same race and I'll let you know then. :wink:
Safety Guy

Post by Safety Guy »

I'm planning on changing to "Democrat" from "Republican." Why? So I can vote for Ted Strickland over Coleman in the primary. I want to make sure Strickland gets the Demo nod. Strickland was one of the first to propose OH CCW many years ago.

Than I'll vote for him. IMO, the Republican Party of Ohio needs to be PUNISHED SEVERELY for being how they've been for the past, oh, I'm not sure...ten or twenty years?

Voinovich. Taft. Dewine. Montgomery. I could go on... :evil:

Yep, I'm really, really MAD. A MAD LIBERTARIAN! He he.

Karl
I WANT VERMONT! (OR "ALASKA")
That's FIRST AMENDMENT CRUSADER PIGLET!
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

Hey Safety Guy -
Same one as over at WT? This is your friendly "mk86fcc."
(Never mind - answered my own question by reading some of your other posts. :mrgreen: )
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
Safety Guy

Post by Safety Guy »

Yes sir, Chief, that's me. :)

Glad to see you here. My "usual home on the web" is at Totalprotectioninteractive.com (made up of the refugees from SelfDefenseForums.com). But I try to visit WT every once in awhile. I like Gabe's place.

Karl
I WANT VERMONT! (OR "ALASKA")
That's FIRST AMENDMENT CRUSADER PIGLET!
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

One day I'll get a chance to take one of his courses. *Sigh* Had lunch with Mark S. a couple months ago - perhaps next time I'm up that way... (Columbus isn't really that far from Bellbrook.)
Safety Guy wrote:Glad to see you here. My "usual home on the web" is at Totalprotectioninteractive.com (made up of the refugees from SelfDefenseForums.com). But I try to visit WT every once in awhile. I like Gabe's place.
...just did a real quick perusal - saw several familiar screen names. And several interesting topics. Reckon I'll have to register and pull up a chair...
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
gaspipes

Post by gaspipes »

Safety Guy wrote:I'm planning on changing to "Democrat" from "Republican." Why? So I can vote for Ted Strickland over Coleman in the primary. I want to make sure Strickland gets the Demo nod. Strickland was one of the first to propose OH CCW many years ago.

Than I'll vote for him. IMO, the Republican Party of Ohio needs to be PUNISHED SEVERELY for being how they've been for the past, oh, I'm not sure...ten or twenty years?

Voinovich. Taft. Dewine. Montgomery. I could go on... :evil:

Yep, I'm really, really MAD. A MAD LIBERTARIAN! He he.

Karl
You know, as bad as Voinavich, DeWine, Taft and whoever else....as bad as those guys are on gun rights and CCW......

I guess some of you have not been alive long enough to remember the good ole days of Howard Metzenbaum and Dick Celest. Metzenbaum was/is one of the biggest gun banners to walk the the planet. He makes Chuck Shcumer and Diane Fienstein look like people who just want "sensible restrictions".

Sorry, but even a pro gun Democrat can do damage. They can redistrict and draw lines that get pro gun republicans voted out and anti gun dems voted in. They appoint people, people who can tow the anti gun Democrat line. The national Democrat party and the State Democrat party for that matter are so anti-gun, no way in hell would I ever vote Democrat for an office like President or Governor. A simple congressman, maybe I could be persuaded.
Redhorse

Post by Redhorse »

I am a one-issue voter. I vote for those who vote for my firearms rights.

8)
Freedom isn't free!