HB 324 Concealed Carry Amendment

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Glock and dagger

Post by Glock and dagger »

It was sponsored by 9 Demonkrats. Check out the OFCC website... the story is covered in it.
I'm Glock and Dagger and I approved this message.

"If it deprives just one citizen of their God-given rights, it's not worth it."
-evan price

FOOTOS... the Fresh Fighter
Safety Guy

Post by Safety Guy »

I think there is a good chance that some university higher ups have gotten together and pushed this to be passed. Just a guess, as it would ban OHFUBARCCW "parking lot storage" on university property. I know OSU is anti-CCW, as well as generally anti-self-defense. I've dealt with them before. I also know there are some other universities that feel the same.

Does anyone know if I'm right?

Karl
I WANT VERMONT! (OR "ALASKA")
That's FIRST AMENDMENT CRUSADER PIGLET!
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by jgarvas »

Safety Guy wrote:I think there is a good chance that some university higher ups have gotten together and pushed this to be passed. Just a guess, as it would ban OHFUBARCCW "parking lot storage" on university property. I know OSU is anti-CCW, as well as generally anti-self-defense. I've dealt with them before. I also know there are some other universities that feel the same.

Does anyone know if I'm right?

Karl
I believe you are right on the money. The Lakeland Community College has posted signs and told people (ie: students) they'd arrest them on the spot. Their "Chief" advised me that it'll all be changed "real soon now" and we won't have that exclusion.

He said that a month or two after the law passed, so I am somewhat confident that this is a coordinated effort. Even if the bill never moves, it will be sitting there waiting to be appended to something on the floor during a full house vote.
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.
mdad

Post by mdad »

Ok, now that we know what kind of crap they are trying,
WHAT do we do to fight it,some of us are not real political smart and
want to help, but have no clue how help.

Any suggestions would be helpful

jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by jgarvas »

mdad wrote:Ok, now that we know what kind of crap they are trying,
WHAT do we do to fight it,some of us are not real political smart and
want to help, but have no clue how help.

Any suggestions would be helpful

The best thing to do would be to start a thread in the Politics forum (not inside THIS thread) and list all of the things you either like about HB91, things you want to see done to HB91 to make it better, or things you think they completely ignored.

I know some people are upset about the citizenship issue. Some are disappointed that the car carry solution still requires a holster.

Discuss it in these forums and OFCC will get a better idea of where the membership (You are a member, right?) stands while we start working on our position on the bill.

Obviously, we are in favor of the legislation, but there is still time to make changes to it -- and unless they try to fast track this we have a bit of time.
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.