Petro - not impressive?

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

BB62

Post by BB62 »

Brian D. wrote:Spent some time at the Picnic talking to AG Petro's aide who is in charge of handling the reciprocity agreements. (Have found over the years that it's sometimes better to aim specific questions at top office staffers than "The Man" himself.)...
Brian,

This is an interesting comment. Who was the staffer?

BTW - Petro gave me the name of the guy in charge of the handbook - John Folkerson, with whom I intend to communicate about the 1000 ft "vicinity of a school" line which has tied so many of my students in knots.

BB62
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Jeff,

Post by TunnelRat »

BB62 wrote:
BB62 wrote:
jgarvas wrote: I can assure you that, to the best of MY knowledge, nobody within OFCC asked Jim Petro to take or not take questions. He was an invited guest, and had he offered to take questions we probably wouldn't have stopped him...
Thanks for the clarification.
I'm starting to get dizzy...
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

BB62, I forgot the staffer's name about 10 minutes after leaving the Picnic Saturday, but I believe that it was indeed John Folkerson. Youngish fellow, on the tall side. We conversed a bit while one or two of the politicians were speechifying.

I also made a point of mentioning to him how onerous the "plain sight while in vehicle" provision is to all of us, and that likely made me the thousandth person to bring up the subject, although the first one at the party! ;) Surprisingly he was cordial on the topic; my gut feeling is that a new governor, along with a legislature comprised as it is now, will get this language struck down, if it doesn't happen sooner of course.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
BB62

Post by BB62 »

Yep, that was John F. Young and tall.

BB62
MDM

Post by MDM »

John Folkerson shoots at New Albany. He was nice enough to volunteer his time and speak to our CCw class that I took in March of 04. He used a powerpoint presentation to go though the CCW handbook which he had a major part in creating and answered questions as we when along. Very nice guy.
"A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it."