DeWine for how much longer?

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

RonS

Post by RonS »

As expected, DeWine voted with the rest of the Democratic party on the lawsuit bill. At least Voinovich pulled his head out long enough to assess the lay of the land and do the right thing, even if he doesn't believe in it.

Please GW, appoint DeWine as special ambassador to Somalia or Columbia or Oz or Mongolia!

Who is a viable candidate for this Senate seat?
The oppression of any man wounds the liberty of all men.
Scott

Re: DeWine for how much longer?

Post by Scott »

RonS wrote: Please GW, appoint DeWine as special ambassador to Somalia or Columbia or Oz or Mongolia!

Who is a viable candidate for this Senate seat?
I don't know about viable at this point, but we got to meet with John Mitchel http://www.reformcongess.com ** today at Party in the Park, and he spoke a few minutes about his upcoming Senate campaign. Seemed to say the right things!

You left out that place in Egypt as a possible posting for DeWine!!

**I dunno why, but the link appears to be dead as of this writing.
Last edited by Scott on Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blip!
Glock and dagger

Post by Glock and dagger »

Probably not much longer, but the torch may be passed to Bob Taft.

I am looking at the Dems for a possible candidate. If they choose Fingerhut to run against him, though, my hands will appear to be bound.

I will vote for Mickey Mouse.
I'm Glock and Dagger and I approved this message.

"If it deprives just one citizen of their God-given rights, it's not worth it."
-evan price

FOOTOS... the Fresh Fighter
Scott

Post by Scott »

Glock and dagger wrote:Probably not much longer, but the torch may be passed to Bob Taft.
That's exactly what I would expect out of our RINO state organization. Hopefully, the Boobster's politcal future is nil.
Blip!
ballistic

Post by ballistic »

If you're really interested in seeing things change, write a letter to Robert T. Bennett, Chairman, Ohio Republican Party, 211 S. Fifth St., Columbus, Ohio, 43215-9608 and tell him how you feel. When the letters start rolling in the powers-that-be will sit up and take notice, especially since the current governor has given the Dems a lot of ammunition to use in 2006. And there's a lot of loose Democratic cannons still rolling around out there. (Remember Dennis Kucinich? He still wants to be President -- of the United States.)
Scott

Re: DeWine for how much longer?

Post by Scott »

ballistic wrote:If you're really interested in seeing things change, write a letter to Robert T. Bennett, Chairman, Ohio Republican Party, 211 S. Fifth St., Columbus, Ohio, 43215-9608 and tell him how you feel. When the letters start rolling in the powers-that-be will sit up and take notice, especially since the current governor has given the Dems a lot of ammunition to use in 2006. And there's a lot of loose Democratic cannons still rolling around out there. (Remember Dennis Kucinich? He still wants to be President -- of the United States.)
Good idea. The only thing I have done so far is to tell those soliciting contributions that I will not donate another dime nor will I vote for the candidates if RINOs the likes of Taft, Voinovich and DeWine are on any Republican ballot.

Now, if they were to switch parties, I just might vote Democrat in the primary just to help make sure they had found their proper station! :)
Blip!
uperrsc

Post by uperrsc »

I hope and pray that Bob Taft's career is OVER. He sure won't bring anything to the US Senate. The republican party in Ohio sure seems to be lacking from solid leadership.

I'm rooting for Blackwell to take a shot at the Governorship, although I haven't done lots of research into all his positions, he seems to talk a good game.... but then again, most of them do well at TALKING....
Scott Perrine
NRA Election Volunteer Coordinator
NRA Recruiter
OH 16th Congressional District
scottrperrine@gmail.com
Larry

DeWine

Post by Larry »

DeWine has state wide name recognition. He has the money. He has the Washington DC connections. He comes home to Greene County and acts like Mom, Apple, Pie, and downhome USA at his ice cream social and county fairs.
John Mitchell may be able to beat him with a lot of grass roots help and a hard statewide campaign. I certainly hope so. I serve on the Greene County Republican Central Committee with John. John lacks statewide name recognition and probably the money.
Most voters don't know his voting record. They see the news headlines about BRAC and helping Wright Patt -- that nails voters in that area of the state.
Writing Bennett is a good idea but probably a waste of time. As long as any Republican is in the seat, Bennett likes it. Bennett is not interested in conservative Republicans - just a R behind the name.
When DeWine first ran for public office he was a D. When he lost and saw that R worked better he switched. DeWine is a product of Yellow Springs High School.
Larry
Glock and dagger

Post by Glock and dagger »

When DeWine first ran for public office he was a D. When he lost and saw that R worked better he switched.
Well, that explains it, then. We got duped.
I'm Glock and Dagger and I approved this message.

"If it deprives just one citizen of their God-given rights, it's not worth it."
-evan price

FOOTOS... the Fresh Fighter
BEAR!

YELLOW SPRINGS??!!

Post by BEAR! »

YELLOW SPRINGS?! I didn't know he was from there. No wonder he's such a RINO.
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
ballistic

Re: DeWine

Post by ballistic »

Larry wrote: Writing Bennett is a good idea but probably a waste of time. As long as any Republican is in the seat, Bennett likes it. Bennett is not interested in conservative Republicans - just a R behind the name.
If Mr. Bennett truly thinks this way then he has earned himself a well-deserved rude awakening. God may be in his heaven and all may be right with the world when you're in power. The real trick lies in staying in power. Mr. DeWine has his present job only because of the abysmal offerings from the opposition. The gun contingent is powerful and at some point the Democrats, if they're in earnest about regaining power, will start running pro-gun candidates (yes, they do exist) against the RINO's. The Republican party machine would do well to listen to its constituency before that time arrives.
RonS

Post by RonS »

I have answered the last few party solicitations with my views instead of a check, but I have not recieved a reply, nor do I expect one. I have a feeling that the donations of individuals, (at least those of us who have never had our picture on the cover of People Magazine), do not carry much weight with the Republican party compared to corporate donations. There is some credibility to the accusations that the GOP is the party of big business. If you have enough money in the war chest, you can buy votes with advertising I guess.
I think that the first of the two ruling parties to remake themselves for the 21st century is going to be dominant for a long time as they pick up a new group of constituents. The country is too evenly split right now, and there is too much hatred between the two parties and their supporters. I heard an interview last week on the radio by a business guru who had talked to the staffer who was in charge of doing the Democratic budget for Congress. He asked what she did now that the Republicans were in power and their staff was preparing the budget. She said her job now was to see to it that they failed. I assume that a Republican during the Clinton years would have answered the same. It's no wonder we can't get anything done.
The oppression of any man wounds the liberty of all men.
Medcop

Post by Medcop »

I mainly vote Republican, but the candidates must pass 2 critical issues for me in order for me to even look at them.
1. They must be prolife
2. They must be pro gun

Yes we have a lot of RINO's currently in Ohio.
Yes, hopefully Taft's political carrier will over when his term is up.