HB347 Opponent Testimony Audio

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Daniel
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

HB347 Opponent Testimony Audio

Post by Daniel »

An Ohioans For Concealed Carry supporter helped us procure some audio of last Tuesday's opponent hearings.

We feel this is really important for those of you who have never attended a hearing to hear. Each of the anti-gun speakers is included in this audio, as are some questions from the members of the Criminal Justice Committee.

The Audio: January 31st Oppontent Testimony (MP3, Approx 1 Hour)

If you've never seen or heard the process, here is your chance. Please note that the audio has quite a bit of an echo due to the poor audo characteristcs of hearing rooms in the Statehouse. (the ceilings are very high and curved).

Are you an audio guru? OFCC is looking for people who like to do this stuff and live in Central Ohio. We've discussed recording these hearings with the Chairman Latta's office and have permission. If you own a laptop and understand mp3/wav recording we'd like to set up a few people with the neccesary information to record these hearings in much better quality in the future, or look at putting video cameras on tri-pods and filming the podiums. If you're interested, please PM Jeff Garvas Especially if you have XLR to 1/8" headphone cables available! :-)
Daniel White
NRA Training Counselor
Northcoast Firearms Training

We must carry arms because we value our lives and those of our loved ones, because we will not be dealt with by force or threat of force, and do not live at the pleasure and discretion of the lawless. - Jeff Snyder
italian biker

toby hoovers diatribe

Post by italian biker »

I read the text of Toby Hoover's diatribe, and would just love to ask her about one of her statements.
"I hope you keep in mind that if the federal governement decides to control your authority and you have taken control of local authority we won't have state or local government"

Well, well there Toby, isn't that what the 1994 AW ban did? I don't remember hearing you complain about the federal government over stepping on state and local soverienty on that one now did I? Your hypocracy abounds.

I'll have to send her an email on this one, but highly doubt an answer will come, and if I did get a reply, I'm sure she'd say, well, that was differen't, and that the feds have a right to regulate firearms for all states.
PETA members know it's safer to harass old ladies wearing fur then to harass bikers wearing leather.
mcb

Post by mcb »

I just finished listening to the testimony and it make me sad to hear people that are that scared. They still seem to treat the weapon and legal ownership of weapons as inherently evil and don't seem to want to acknowledge that its the action of the person not the weapon that is the problem.

Of particular concern is the Shaker Heights 'Assault' weapon ban. I can find no reference to this on the web anywhere including Shaker Heights' own website (http://www.shakeronline.com/). I have friends that live in Shaker heights that I know don't have a clue that this new law was passed.

Any idea when a vote would happen on this house bill? How much more testimony will there be?

Thanks
mcb
MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MeanStreaker »

I just finished listening to the whole thing myself. I won't comment on the many, many problems in the "logic" of the testimonies, but needless to say my neck is sore from all of the disgusted head-shaking it had to withstand.

Thanks for taking the time to record/post it!
dan_sayers

Post by dan_sayers »

Downloading this now. Listening to this isn't going to dramatically upset me, is it? I've had a pretty peculiar week and I still have my stop sign arraignment to attend to :?
"Moderation in the defense of liberty is no virtue." - Ann Coulter
"Liberalism is part of a religious disorder that demands a belief that life is controllable." - Ann Coulter
By their fruits ye shall know them.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

dan_sayers wrote:Downloading this now. Listening to this isn't going to dramatically upset me, is it? I've had a pretty peculiar week and I still have my stop sign arraignment to attend to :?
I think it works about as well as syrup of Ipecac... :?
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

Dumped it to a CD. I'll listen to it over the next day or so in the car - I just don't have the patience to sit still that long. (Especailly to listen to blather such as that. Would that there were a transcript...)
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
Daniel
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Daniel »

Well, start typing!
Daniel White
NRA Training Counselor
Northcoast Firearms Training

We must carry arms because we value our lives and those of our loved ones, because we will not be dealt with by force or threat of force, and do not live at the pleasure and discretion of the lawless. - Jeff Snyder
jburtonpdx

Post by jburtonpdx »

got through about 5 minutes and had to shut it off...
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau
Learn to fight and practice what you learn.
Jronjakoh

Post by Jronjakoh »

Would liked to have been there with my digital cam to record all this.
This would make an interesting topic at a meet and eat.
Americans need not fear the federal government because they enjoy the advantage of being armed, which you possess over the people of almost every other nation. . James Madison.

What's in Your Wallet?

SEMPER PARATUS
snoudude

All I can say is WOW

Post by snoudude »

I can barely (well really I can) believe that people are that scared of other law abiding citizens - I guess folks really don't read or watch the news and would rather be a victim than have a pulse or a brain - sheepeople.
dan_sayers

Post by dan_sayers »

You guys are making me think twice about listening to this at all. I've had a trying week and my patience is low.
"Moderation in the defense of liberty is no virtue." - Ann Coulter
"Liberalism is part of a religious disorder that demands a belief that life is controllable." - Ann Coulter
By their fruits ye shall know them.
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

Daniel wrote:Well, start typing!
Sure. At my two-finger (with the occasional thumb on the space bar) typing rate, it sould be done before the next Gov. is sworn in...
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

NavyChief wrote:At my two-finger (with the occasional thumb on the space bar) typing rate, it sould be done before the next Gov. is sworn in...
Sounds like you qualify for a high-paying government job... 8)
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
jburtonpdx

Post by jburtonpdx »

You guys are making me think twice about listening to this at all. I've had a trying week and my patience is low.
Probably would be best not to listen to it then....
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau
Learn to fight and practice what you learn.