NRA membership in conjunction with Columbus Ban

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Ursus americanus
*** Banned ***

Post by Ursus americanus »

THE BIG HAMMER wrote:IT JUST BLOWS MY MIND THAT THERE ARE 60-80 MILLION GUN OWNERS IN THIS COUNTRY AND THERE ARE ONLY 4 MILLION OR SO NRA MEMBERS. WHO THE HELL DO THE REST OF THEM THINK ARE PROTECTING THEIR RIGHT TO OWN THAT FIREARM? IT IS JUST SO HYPOCRITICAL.

<snip>
If that's not bad enough, I have a good friend from Pennsylvania who is not only an avid hunter but a serious collector as well and he not only votes straight Democrat but voted for John Kerry :!: :shock:

Explain that one :?

Greg
Ken6PPC

Post by Ken6PPC »

Didn't you hear? Kerry IS a gun owner and he is pro-gun rights. Just ask him, if you don't believe me....

:lol:

:P

:roll:

...Ken
Brian_Horton

Post by Brian_Horton »

Ken6PPC wrote:
Brian_Horton wrote:snip

and because the shooting club I wanted to join required NRA membership.

snip
Was that club in Cincinnati the same one that recently shut down the rifle range in order to pacify the "neighbors"? With no evidence of actual wrong-doing, I might add! I am a member of that club, but not for long!

...Ken
Yes I have been a member of FSA for 6 years, ever since I turned 18. Since they have shut down the rifle range I have joined Middletown Sportsmens Club. I still have my FSA membership, but I expect that I will not renew it for next year. I like shooting at MSC, it is a shorter drive from my house, and I don't have to worry about traffic on 275 if I want to go there after work.
When the goin' gets tough, the tough go cyclic.

Happiness is a crew served weapon.
Mad Duck

Post by Mad Duck »

Without the NRA we would not be here today.
The NRA has not always been into politics, but after the 1968 Control Act.
The membership demanded it,
My Sweetheart & I are both Life members, & we give annual memberships,
as gifts at Christmas.
BEAR!

GREAT Gift Idea

Post by BEAR! »

Hey John;
Thats a GREAT gift idea. I have a couple of nephews that I always have a hard time getting Christmas gifts for, and annual memberships would be cool. Thanks! :D
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
glockinfairfield

Post by glockinfairfield »

I joined with a life membership last year. I think NRA membership is the single most important investment you can make in protecting the second amendment. Not that there aren't others, but it starts there.
Glocks and Nikons. Is this a great country or what!?
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

ottoshmotto wrote:...without NRA, we'd all be looking at pictures of what it used to be like shooting, hunting, etc.
And we'd have to sneak those pictures -- like a Playboy magazine -- lest our bosses or neighbors catch us with such "offensive" materials...
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

Ken6PPC wrote:Didn't you hear? Kerry IS a gun owner and he is pro-gun rights. Just ask him, if you don't believe me....

:lol:

:P

:roll:

...Ken
Yeah, his trusty M16 and the chinese assault rifle.
Captain Bob

NRA

Post by Captain Bob »

Lots of good points about why joining/belonging to the NRA is a good idea.
However, the best point there is the one that was made when the NRA staffer asked what the caller was doing for gun rights. Membership IS important but don't think that just because you paid your fee you can sit back and relax and let the NRA do it all FOR you. Be active in helping preserve (and even gain) 2A rights.
PS: I think the businesses that use the NRA "Round up" idea really help the NRA.

...and since we're "bragging" about our NRA memberships:
:arrow: NRA member, continuously since 1960 - AND I have every single issue (45 years worth) of The American Rifleman saved, in binders!
Currently an Endowment member. :D
The fastest reload is a backup gun...
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

Ken6PPC wrote:Didn't you hear? Kerry IS a gun owner and he is pro-gun rights. Just ask him, if you don't believe me...
Not only that, but I think heard somewhere he served in Vietnam. But I'm not positive... :mrgreen:
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.