Petro endorses Montgomery. Barf!

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Mark

Post by Mark »

Okay, perhaps it's still up in the air if she is anti-gun. But it's hard to come to any other conclusion than she most definitely anti-ccw.

It's getting hard to vote for some of our less than gun friendly Ohio Republicans, because they are the lesser of two evils.
Brian D.

Miss Betty is a little batty IMO..

Post by Brian D. »

Met her in person, Tom? She's said some things at various local Republican functions, as well as on talk radio, that place her someplace between clueless and blissninny on Brian D.'s politicalometer,when it comes to CCW, and perhaps crimefighting in general.

Follow me for a sec here. She was a county prosecutor (Wood Co.?) for a while, then went on to Atty. Gen of Ohio later on. Didn't she ever:

1) Do some police ride alongs, to see what bad guy busting is like out in the front lines? Seems like maybe not, though she can give a good pep-talk speech when addressing law enforcement.

2) Go to the national conferences/conventions/seminars that are held by groups of Prosecutors around the state and nation? How about the same type get togethers held by the 50 Attorneys General from all over the U.S.? (Yep, they have at least one a year.) Didn't the subject of concealed carry, and its positive impact on violent, confrontational crimes EVER come up as a topic of a lecture, or after hours when the attendees were "unwinding" someplace over dinner and drinks? Shouldn't she have come away from such meetings with a fairly informed, positive view on the general notion of concealed carry??

In my VERY strong personal opinion, she's a Taft-mold RINO with no real world (non political) experience in her life's resume. And she doesn't trust us "little people" with things like firearms ownership.

I have no problem skipping over the AG section next time it appears on the ballot. But I'll at least look into any other candidates before then.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Rami

Post by Rami »

How long has it been since you have been able to vote FOR somebody? It's usually against the other person, at least it is for me.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Miss Betty is a little batty IMO..

Post by TunnelRat »

Brian D. wrote: In my VERY strong personal opinion, she's a Taft-mold RINO with no real world (non political) experience in her life's resume.
Which is pretty much what I've been saying all along.

Is she my choice for AG? No.
Am I pleased with Petro that he endorsed her? No.
Is she anti-gun in a class with Fingerhut and Fisher? No.

Looks like, when it comes to the AG this year (as in so many offices in so many years) we will be choosing weevils again. Let us select the lesser of the two...
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
GWC

Post by GWC »

No Tom, Tim Grendell is running whether you acknowledge his existance or not. I am voting for him, and so are a lot of other people. Betty Montgomery is damaged goods as far as I'm concerned. Tim Grendell will make a much better AG.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

GWC wrote: Tim Grendell will make a much better AG.
No, sorry, he won't. Perhaps Tim Grendell would make a much better AG, but odds are he will not.

Just because we like him doesn't mean he has even a slender chance of winning. I have never heard his name mentioned in any media outlet other than this forum. If I haven't heard of him, who else has among the general voting community?

I would prefer pretty much anybody (or at least any Republican) for AG over Montgomery. Unfortunately, the way politics works you need money, and name recognition, and endorsements of major media outlets. So far Tim Grendell has none of these. It is one thing to hope against hope; it is another to recognize the reality of the political situation.

Now, if things change. If Tim Grendell begins to get a lot of face time on Ohio television, if he wins the endorsements of the Crime Dealer, or the Columbus Sasquatch, or the Cincinnati Perspirer, if he gets some support from, say, Ken Blackwell, and a bunch of money from somewhere, well, now you're talking a different game. But I'm smelling a lot of "IF" coming off of that plan...
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
GWC

Post by GWC »

I believe he is being supported by Blackwell, and he was ENDORSED by Petro until he made his deal with Montgomery.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

I have never declared a Party. And never voted people in the Primaries. But I beleive I will this year.
GWC

Post by GWC »

Here are some endorsements:

ENDORSEMENTS ADDING UP FOR STATE SENATOR TIM GRENDELL’S CANDIDACY FOR ATTORNEY GENERAL

Two More Republican County Parties Endorse Grendell

Yes they are from his website. That doesn't make them false. I believe he has one of the highest records for actually passing the bills he has introduced. His most recent one being the law that stops cities from having a residency requirement.

< Edit to shorten links - NavyChief >