Some Democratic platforms sound familiar to GOP

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Some Democratic platforms sound familiar to GOP

Post by TunnelRat »

The Associated Press wrote:PERSPECTIVE: Some Democratic platforms sound familiar to GOP

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — One candidate for Ohio governor wants to slash taxes for big business. One wants to loosen controls on guns and talk more about faith.

And neither is a Republican.

The contenders for the Democratic nomination for governor show how the party, after 16 years out of the governor's mansion, is trying to appeal more to a diverse bunch of job-hungry Ohio voters.

State Sen. Eric Fingerhut, of Cleveland, last week said he would attract jobs by doing away with the six-month-old tax on business that was meant to replace two other taxes. That would leave only individuals and some small businesses paying personal income tax.

U.S. Rep. Ted Strickland, of Lisbon, opposes assault weapons bans and other limits on private gun ownership that he says will affect only law-abiding owners and not criminals.
Much more of this left-wing, lunatic drivel at:http://tinyurl.com/9y75l

"You can talk about 100 issues, but the public only cares about three of them," he said.

Yeah, and you guys consistently manage to come down on the wrong side of all of them...
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

Yup, the democRATS are gonna lie and say they're against gun control until they get into office, then the worms will turn. :evil: Same ol' same ol'.
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
Daniel
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Daniel »

Seems to me a certain Republican governor did the same thing.
Daniel White
NRA Training Counselor
Northcoast Firearms Training

We must carry arms because we value our lives and those of our loved ones, because we will not be dealt with by force or threat of force, and do not live at the pleasure and discretion of the lawless. - Jeff Snyder
Mark

Post by Mark »

I curse Boob Shaft whenever I'm forced to do the silly Buckeye tuck.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Daniel wrote:Seems to me a certain Republican governor did the same thing.
Indeed, the primary difference between Republicans and Democrats is that the Dems are aggressively anti-gun (and anti-morality, and anti-constitution, and anti-American, but that's for another website). The Republicans can be relied upon to do next to nothing, and that's what I want to see in my representatives.
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Sasquatch.45

Post by Sasquatch.45 »

tommcnaughton wrote:
Daniel wrote:Seems to me a certain Republican governor did the same thing.
Indeed, the primary difference between Republicans and Democrats is that the Dems are aggressively anti-gun (and anti-morality, and anti-constitution, and anti-American, but that's for another website). The Republicans can be relied upon to do next to nothing, and that's what I want to see in my representatives.
It would seem to me that both parties are steeped in corruption and cronyism, with members who are more concerned about serving their own interest through alliances with (supporting) special interest. Party platforms exist to serve the ends of those in power in the party, not the country as a whole. :cry:
When I vote, I rarely get to vote for someone who really reflects everything that I want in a candidate, I usually see myself as voting against the candidate that I really do not want. :evil:
Some political races give me an ulcer….The kind of choices like…..
Pick one;
A Gun to the head
A Knife to your back.

But... Some years are better than others...