Justice Alice Robie Resnick to retire

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rickt »

This could be very good news for gun rights depending on who replaces her. It could very well be her replacement, in 2007, who will participate in the Beatty case and finally decide if state preemption is going to override home rule.

http://www.cleveland.com/news/plaindeal ... xml&coll=2
ballistic

Post by ballistic »

Yes, and the governor gets to choose the replacement, and the replacement doesn't have to go through a confirmation process like a federal appointment. This makes the selection of Ohio's next governor all the more critical.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

She's pretty much been history since she got busted for DUI.

I think we should get Tom to try out for the position of Ohio Justice. Heck, he can even write me down on his application as a reference. :wink:
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

I don't think Tom qualifies for the appointment............I read on another thread that he doesn't drink! :lol: :P
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
GWC

Post by GWC »

Her term is up, so she won't run. The replacement will be whoever is elected, not an appointee.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

BEAR! wrote:I don't think Tom qualifies for the appointment............I read on another thread that he doesn't drink! :lol: :P
It's true -- I don't drink. 'Course, that doesn't mean I don't LIKE to...
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

tommcnaughton wrote:
BEAR! wrote:I don't think Tom qualifies for the appointment............I read on another thread that he doesn't drink! :lol: :P
It's true -- I don't drink. 'Course, that doesn't mean I don't LIKE to...
Is there enough time??? I mean, if ALL of the CHLer's in Ohio got their collective act together could we make a push to put Tom in the Supreme Court???

Seriously....I'm real naive about this stuff....but I'd jump in on it...is it feasible??? Maybe not this appointment but the next???

You gotta figure.....if it was about brains and talent the resnick wouldn't be on there in the first place.....So someone WITH brains and talent would be a shoe-in...right???
GWC

Post by GWC »

P4G

Supreme court justices, and all other Ohio judges, are elected. The only time they are appointed is if one dies or quits in the middle of a term.
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

I think for an appointment like that you have to have "connections". Kinda like "its not who ya know its who ya ----". :shock: Tom doesn't strike me as the butt kissin type, with that said, he'd get my vote! :D
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

BEAR! wrote:I think for an appointment like that you have to have "connections". Kinda like "its not who ya know its who ya ----". :shock: Tom doesn't strike me as the butt kissin type, with that said, he'd get my vote! :D
Hey! I got connections. I know P4G... :shock:
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by willbird »

I dunno, maybe they should give her SOME kind of job, requireing her to stay sober SOME of the day anyway. Or yank her license

Bill