Betty Montgomery on CCW in radio interview

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Betty Montgomery on CCW in radio interview

Post by Javelin Man »

I just listened to Betty Montgomery on 1370 WSPD out of Toledo as she was being interviewed by the host. She went on and on about education and jobs, etc, the kind of talk any politician would yap about. They took one caller, "Bruce" from Toledo.

Bruce asked about her stand on 2nd amendment rights and her opposition to Concealed Carry. I'm sorry, Bruce, but even I didn't completely understand your question. Obviously Betty didn't, either, and himhawed an answer about always supporting the 2nd amendment.

She did go on and elaborate about CCW and stated she wouldn't support legislature that almost all of the law enforcement community didn't support since they are the ones that protect communities and people's rights and the state.

She did state that she is surprised and happy that all the things she thought would happen did NOT happen YET and that the law enforcement also saw the same thing. She did not state what she would do to support it or weaken it, and then they ran out of time. The talk show host wants to meet with the rest of the candidates in the future.

I don't think she said anything to help her campaign during the interview.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
dan_sayers

Post by dan_sayers »

It's good to hear that she feels she is the voice of all law enforcement throughout the state. Both police officers I've spoken to (TPD Detective and Wood County Deputy Sheriff) said I should be carrying the moment they knew what I do to make that dough.
IANALY

uck

Post by IANALY »

She's the worst of all options. A female Taft. An authoritarian big-spending republican without the benefits of morality or principle. She is a Bill Clinton-esque poll-sniffer.

Frankly, she disgusts me.
NRA Life Patron Member; GOA; NRA Certified Firearm Instructor; NRA RSO; Attorney

Self-Defense/CHL Law, BP, HFS, PPIH Instructor
RKBA, LLC - Founder, Co-President
Mark

Post by Mark »

Is she still trying to be governor?
Daniel
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Betty Montgomery on CCW in radio interview

Post by Daniel »

Javelin Man wrote:She did go on and elaborate about CCW and stated she wouldn't support legislature that almost all of the law enforcement community didn't support since they are the ones that protect communities and people's rights and the state.
Well, doesn't THAT sound familiar? She's a Taft clone and the state would continue down its dark path if she were to be elected.

The fact that she hasn't answered the OFCC candidate survey says a lot. Oh, and let's not forget her "I don't want to live in a world where everyone carries guns" (paraphrased) quote from a while back.
Daniel White
NRA Training Counselor
Northcoast Firearms Training

We must carry arms because we value our lives and those of our loved ones, because we will not be dealt with by force or threat of force, and do not live at the pleasure and discretion of the lawless. - Jeff Snyder