Currect Ohio Reciprocity list

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

OhioMike

Currect Ohio Reciprocity list

Post by OhioMike »

Here is the current reciprocity listing for Ohio
http://www.ag.state.oh.us/web_applicati ... rocity.asp
dan_sayers

Post by dan_sayers »

The list would be more meaningful if it also listed states that accept us without reciprocity and those we accept without reciprocity. This was pretty well covered elsewhere, but can't hurt to be refreshed.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Currect Ohio Reciprocity list

Post by TunnelRat »

OhioMike wrote:Here is the current reciprocity listing for Ohio
Thank you. By the way, as of November 30, we can add New Mexico to that list. Petro is still working on our behalf to expand the number of states with whom we have reciprocity.
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
rhwiley

Post by rhwiley »

tommcnaughton wrote:
Thank you. By the way, as of November 30, we can add New Mexico to that list. Petro is still working on our behalf to expand the number of states with whom we have reciprocity.
He seems to be doing pretty good in that arena. It's just too bad he probably won't get us reciprocity with the three places I'd love to boast about having reciprocity with (not that I plan on going to two of them anytime soon, but it's like being the first kid on the block with bragging rights):

Massachusetts
New York State
Washington D.C.
Daniel
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Daniel »

Daniel White
NRA Training Counselor
Northcoast Firearms Training

We must carry arms because we value our lives and those of our loved ones, because we will not be dealt with by force or threat of force, and do not live at the pleasure and discretion of the lawless. - Jeff Snyder
BEAR!

Georgia

Post by BEAR! »

Whats up with Georgia? Without reciprocity with GA. it makes it a pain to drive to Fla.. :?
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
dan_sayers

Post by dan_sayers »

Get a backup that does ;)

Somebody whip Illinois into shape while you're at it. I go there too often to have to leave my arms in Indiana as it were :?
CurtInOhio

Post by CurtInOhio »

Instead of relying on answers here, I go to packing.org, which keeps things pretty up to date. Add to it anything you get on here, like hearing about NM, and you've got a good list...

But one thing packing.org has that will be harder to get in a message thread is the license tool that produces not only a list of states where carry is permitted, but you can also get the exclusions per state for carrying. Very useful when traveling.
Curt M
emt118

Post by emt118 »

Bear go to packing.org and than the state of Pa. and get the information to get a Pa. permit my mail only 20.00 and it gets you Ga. clean sailing all the way to Fl. well worth it my daughter lives in Fl. and she also carrys and has her Pa. permit for the same reason .....
emt118

Post by emt118 »

I wish Ohio and West Va. could hook up ...................
ArcherAce

Post by ArcherAce »

What's the diff between reciprocity nd a state just honoring our permit?
Jronjakoh

Post by Jronjakoh »

Reciprocity means: I can use mine in your state and you can use yours in my state

Honoring means: you can use yours in my state,but your AG hasn't said it is ok to use mine in your state.
Americans need not fear the federal government because they enjoy the advantage of being armed, which you possess over the people of almost every other nation. . James Madison.

What's in Your Wallet?

SEMPER PARATUS
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

emt118 wrote:I wish Ohio and West Va. could hook up ...................
  • DITTO
Never Have So Many Owed So Much To So Few.
Jronjakoh

Post by Jronjakoh »

Same here EMT I go over to W.Va. a lot during the summer. We shoot at a range next to Thompson park. on Rt. 8
Americans need not fear the federal government because they enjoy the advantage of being armed, which you possess over the people of almost every other nation. . James Madison.

What's in Your Wallet?

SEMPER PARATUS
BB62

Post by BB62 »

New Mexico is not on that list, nor is NM shown in blue on the Packing.org website.

OFCC?
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor