This is disappointing.

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Petrovich
*** Banned ***

This is disappointing.

Post by Petrovich »

http://www.zanesvilletimesrecorder.com/ ... 00301/1002

As the dem candidate he would have been a dead ringer to lose.
GregWork

Maybe not so bad.

Post by GregWork »

This maybe not so bad. I for one am happy to have Coleman out. With RINOgov's approval rating below ground, a Democrat has a serious chance of winning the next election. Strickland is pro 2A.

Edited - Dan
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Coleman's dropping out does not bode well for the Republicans who are already laboring under the weight of Taft's unpopular governorship.

Practically, what this means is that the Dems are free until the election campaign begins -- they can take off the whole primary season. So they won't have to spend mountains of money beating each other up publicly.

The Pubbies are gonna have a three way fight. The survivor is gonna be strapped for cash, and will have had his reputation trashed through the fun primary season.
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

tommcnaughton wrote:Coleman's dropping out does not bode well for the Republicans who are already laboring under the weight of Taft's unpopular governorship.

Practically, what this means is that the Dems are free until the election campaign begins -- they can take off the whole primary season. So they won't have to spend mountains of money beating each other up publicly.

The Pubbies are gonna have a three way fight. The survivor is gonna be strapped for cash, and will have had his reputation trashed through the fun primary season.
Pretty much what I was thinking only said in a much more articulate manner.

We needed coleman...he was a drain for the dems.

We can only hope a couple more dems will crawl out from under their slimy rocks and join the race.

Mentel anyone?????
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Maybe Ford will run,afterall he did save Toledo from total annihilation when he appeared at the riots...and he is looking for work now. :D
Never Have So Many Owed So Much To So Few.
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

tommcnaughton wrote:...and will have had his reputation trashed through the fun primary season.
Primaries are very strange when you think about it. It's been said it'll be a three-way race. As soon as there's a clear winner, the other two will be all sweetness and light and explaining why when they called the winner everything but a child of God what they said was not what they meant... *Sigh* Sort of reminds me of one of Nixon's remarks to reporters once:

"I realize you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I'm not sure you realize is that what I said is not what I meant."
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
delta5

Post by delta5 »

Wayne wrote:Maybe Ford will run,afterall he did save Toledo from total annihilation when he appeared at the riots...and he is looking for work now. :D
Is Carty "foot-in-mouth" Finkbiner going to be any better??
NRA Member
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

delta5 wrote:Is Carty "foot-in-mouth" Finkbiner going to be any better??
Please, let's don't talk about that. It is a shame to the city of Toledo that Carty got elected again. It only shows the total incompetence of Ford's campaign that it happened.

If I were running the Ford campaign, the slogan would have been: Have You Forgotten?
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.