Pete Draganic Responds to OFCC Candidate Survey

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Daniel
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Pete Draganic Responds to OFCC Candidate Survey

Post by Daniel »

Yesterday, I reported that Ken Blackwell was the first Gubernatorial candidate to respond to our candidate survey.

That was not correct. Republican candidate Pete Draganic responded via email on November 11th. I did not see that email, and I apologize to the Draganic campaign for the oversight.

Often toted as "the people's candidate," Pete's pro-gun stance is irreproachable:
I've never understood the concept of restricting the freedoms of law-abiding people in an effort make us safer from criminals.
Click here to view Pete's answers.
Daniel White
NRA Training Counselor
Northcoast Firearms Training

We must carry arms because we value our lives and those of our loved ones, because we will not be dealt with by force or threat of force, and do not live at the pleasure and discretion of the lawless. - Jeff Snyder
dan_sayers

Post by dan_sayers »

In all fairness, that quote there is a politician's answer. It doesn't commit to either side at all. I could sit here all day and spout out things that I don't understand, but that wouldn't bring you any closer to understanding where I stand on the matter. I'm glad the remainder of his answers were a bit more clear cut. In fact, his answers to 2 and 4 are particularly encouraging.

I should've read the whole thing before replying. I've edited this post so many times now :(
Pete Draganic wrote:I would adamantly support education on guns in school but when you tell me that this program uses no pictures of actual guns it strikes me as catering to knee-jerk anti-gun reactionaries. I feel that the best way to inform is exposure and that children who get into trouble with guns have not spent time learning about them properly. Often it is the things that are taboo that attract the interest of children the most and with negative consequences.
ANYBODY that supports education and exposure as a means to try and discourage people from something instantly rises to the top of my respect list. Having grown up sadly censored, I vehemently believe the same and often feel as if I'm in a rare minority for feeling that way.
SFC Stu

Post by SFC Stu »

If I could vote in Ohio, Pete would be the guy! Ken Blackwell is also good on firearms!

I can't vote there, but I have friends who can. I will be talking to them soon. SFC Stu
SFC Stu