Ken Blackwell Answers OFCC Survey

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Daniel
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Ken Blackwell Answers OFCC Survey

Post by Daniel »

Ohio gubernatorial candidate Ken Blackwell is the second candidate to respond to the Ohioans For Concealed Carry Gubernatorial Survey.

The survey was created by OFCC and sent to all gubernatorial candidates for the 2006 election so that their views on firearms and the second amendment could be made clear to Ohio voters.

As we expected, Mr. Blackwell's answers reflect a staunch support of the right to keep and bear arms.
Law abiding citizens always should have the option to own and use firearms. We must fight any attempt to threaten these guarantees.
Click here to read all of his answers.
Last edited by Daniel on Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Daniel White
NRA Training Counselor
Northcoast Firearms Training

We must carry arms because we value our lives and those of our loved ones, because we will not be dealt with by force or threat of force, and do not live at the pleasure and discretion of the lawless. - Jeff Snyder
italian biker

Ken Blackwell had my vote last year

Post by italian biker »

I was hoping that Blackwell would decide to run for Governor a long time ago, and will get my vote in the primary. I like Petro, and feel that he would not hinder gun rights in any way, but I believe he would not persue extending those rights. I believe Blackwell would persue strengthening our rights. I think it's a plus if we end up with either one as our gov., but would like to see Blackwell more.
PETA members know it's safer to harass old ladies wearing fur then to harass bikers wearing leather.
Johnny45

Post by Johnny45 »

I wasn't sure who I would vote for between Blackwell and Pietro, since I met them both at Party in the Park, and they both were impressive. However I heard or read somewhere that Pietro called Blackwell an extreme right-winger. Blackwell gets my vote! I'm an extreme right-winger too! :D
If there is nothing in your life worth dying for, then there must be nothing in your life worth living for.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Ken Blackwell had my vote last year

Post by TunnelRat »

italian biker wrote:I like Petro, and feel that he would not hinder gun rights in any way, but I believe he would not persue extending those rights.
I dunno, Petro pursued reciprocity with other states to the extent that the Ohio CHL is honored in over half of the U.S. He didn't have to do that, and not every AG would have done so as vigorously.

As far as Blackwell is concerned, based on his answers to the OFCC questionaire, I say forget about electing him governor -- let's make him president of OFCC! :D
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Maybe I'm biased because I know Ken Blackwell just a little bit, and he's indeed the 'real deal'. If he'd been the AG in this last term he'd have done just as good a job on the reciprocity agreements, I'm sure of it.

Also, Blackwell graciously stepped aside and avoided a messy primary fight, during Taft's first run. He decided not to run against Taft at the urging of fellow veteran Republicans, as memory serves. Pretty sure those folks more than hinted at the idea that Ken would get to be "the man" this time, but apparently some of them forgot their commitment to Blackwell since then.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Brian D. wrote:Pretty sure those folks more than hinted at the idea that Ken would get to be "the man" this time, but apparently some of them forgot their commitment to Blackwell since then.
What's that? Republicans being wishy-washy...? Say it isn't so! :(
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
NDN MAN

PETRO??

Post by NDN MAN »

I do support Blackwell and will not vote for Petro. As I recall Petro stood with Gov. SHAFT agianst CCW. And supported SHAFT and his amendments to H.B.12 (poison pills). He did do a good job as AG but, I think it was for political reasons. I remember SHAFT ran on a pro 2A platform and did a 180 After he won. Now Petro is running for the same office. Will he flip flop like SHAFT?? Can we in the CCW community afford to take that chance?? Blackwell has already been attacked in TV ads by Petro. This is just another reason to support Blackwell IMHO. If I am wrong please correct me. STAY SAFE
GWC

Post by GWC »

I've seen Petro's ads too. They have turned me off. I used to be be neutral on Petro but he's really {inappropriate language} me off with his attack campaign, especially so early. I've always been a Blackwell supporter, and now I am even more so.

NDN, I don't remember Petro backing the poison pill amendments, but you could be right on that. I've been kind of leery of Petro ( maybe because of this, and I'd forgotten), but I do think he has supported us since the lae passed. Do you have a link to something that shows Petro backing the Taft crapolla? I'd really like to see that. It may jog my memory and remind me why I was leery of Petro in the first place.
NDN MAN

GWC

Post by NDN MAN »

GWC You may be able to look up old news stories from the H.B.12 debate just before it passed. They listed SHAFTS supporters and why he felt the poison pills needed to be included. I can not remember an exact time frame or link right now. But when H.B.12 was voted on. I tried to remember who was agianst and who was for. I may be wrong but [If you think may be wrong, please do not post defamatory material until you can support it with facts -- TR] And I still think he may FLIP FLOP if elected, Just like SHAFT. However Petro may really have changed his stance on 2A. Or he may be paying 2A lip service for political gain. We can look up his past record on 2A.( before his run for GOV.) We can also look up Blackwells record on 2A. Then we can better choose who to support.. At this point in time, Blackwell is my choice. STAY SAFE
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Re: GWC

Post by TunnelRat »

NDN MAN wrote:I could be wrong about the poison pill statement. But I know I am right about when H.B.12 was introduced. And I still think he may FLIP FLOP if elected, Just like SHAFT. However Petro may really have changed his stance on 2A. Or he may be paying 2A lip service for political gain.
If you want to use such phrases as "FLIP FLOP" and "his ANTI 2A stand", and "paying 2A lip service for political gain", you really need to back it up with quotes from Petro himself. It is not fair to smear a politician with innuendo and half-remembered statements.

For as long as HB12 has been in force, Petro has aggressively defended our concealed carry rights and has worked ceaselessly to gain reciprocity for Ohio's CHL with other states. He was gracious enough to come to the bigtime OFCC Get Together this summer and address this motley crew. We ought not to receive and repeat an evil report lightly unless it is grounded in fact.
TunnelRat

Daniel
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Daniel »

TunnelRat wrote: If you want to use such phrases as "FLIP FLOP" and "his ANTI 2A stand", and "paying 2A lip service for political gain", you really need to back it up with quotes from Petro himself. It is not fair to smear a politician with innuendo and half-remembered statements.

For as long as HB12 has been in force, Petro has aggressively defended our concealed carry rights and has worked ceaselessly to gain reciprocity for Ohio's CHL with other states. He was gracious enough to come to the bigtime OFCC Get Together this summer and address this motley crew. We ought not to receive and repeat an evil report lightly unless it is grounded in fact.
Well said.
Daniel White
NRA Training Counselor
Northcoast Firearms Training

We must carry arms because we value our lives and those of our loved ones, because we will not be dealt with by force or threat of force, and do not live at the pleasure and discretion of the lawless. - Jeff Snyder
NDN MAN

Post by NDN MAN »

TunnelRat wrote:If you want to use such phrases as "FLIP FLOP" and "his ANTI 2A stand", and "paying 2A lip service for political gain", you really need to back it up with quotes from Petro himself. It is not fair to smear a politician with innuendo and half-remembered statements.

For as long as HB12 has been in force, Petro has aggressively defended our concealed carry rights We ought not to receive and repeat an evil report lightly unless it is grounded in fact.
:evil: EVIL REPORT ?? I only stated my opinion. I did not give a report. And I did ask if anyone could or would correct me. Also as you stated above, "For as long as HB12 has been in force." My coments were about his behavior before HB12 was passed. I would like to say that Petro did a fine job after HB12 passed. However, not all police officers like, or support all laws. But they do enforce them, it is part of the job.

As for smearing & innuendo I guess you did not see the Petro ads attacking Blackwell on TV.
Also I am by no means to proud to say that I am wrong, or to appoligize when it's called for. STAY SAFE
dan_sayers

Post by dan_sayers »

NDN MAN wrote:And I did ask if anyone could or would correct me.
I don't want to discourage you from posting, but I think you missed his point. That would be like me saying "Correct me if I'm wrong, but NDN MAN is a doo-doo-head!" Now imagine you were running for a position that would give you the power to take away our right to bear arms..
NDN MAN wrote:As for smearing & innuendo I guess you did not see the Petro ads attacking Blackwell on TV.
That's politics. Even the cleanest of candidates is going to be under immense pressure to try and shed the light on where he feels his rival(s) fall short as well as use propoganda to do it. It's up to the people to do the research to discover what is true and what is not and grassroots sites like this are a good place. Perhaps why he was looking for a substantiated display.
NDN MAN

Post by NDN MAN »

dan_sayers wrote:It's up to the people to do the research to discover what is true and what is not and grassroots sites like this are a good place. Perhaps why he was looking for a substantiated display.
That was the point of my post. I feel we should look up the info on our own. If I give a link, and someone disagrees with it's contents. I set them up to find what I wanted them to find. If I don't give a link, you find what you find. And can then make up your own mind, as I did.

STAY SAFE
GWC

Post by GWC »

Well

I spent a couple hours searching today and found nothing either way. I was just looking for a little help. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that I could not find anything except after the bill passed.