Transporting someone else's firearm

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ArmorMax

Transporting someone else's firearm

Post by ArmorMax »

Is it legal for someone to transport another persons firearm to meet with them after work or whatever at a range. I have had this situation come up many times and couldn't figure out a direct anwser. Thanks ahead of time.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Transporting someone else's firearm

Post by TunnelRat »

ArmorMax wrote:Is it legal for someone to transport another persons firearm to meet with them after work or whatever at a range. I have had this situation come up many times and couldn't figure out a direct anwser. Thanks ahead of time.
Sure, why not? As long as you both are legally able to possess it, there should be no problem. It's not as though you were buying a firearm for someone else to use (like the media loves to do...). Now that would be illegal.
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
dan_sayers

Post by dan_sayers »

I ran into this just the other day. I had JUST found out my bg check passed, but my CHL is still in the works. Still, after being asked to scoop up my dude's firearm, I was uneasy at first. I was aware of the legalities of transport since we've done it before, but with him present. Once I realized "Wait, he asked me to and it's in a locked case that I don't have the key for." Instantly my mind was at ease. I think that's justification for somebody not yet approved as well. Or is there some law stating otherwise?