Blacks and the GOP

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

NDN MAN

netphoenix

Post by NDN MAN »

And that the liberals want to destroy racial purity in the USA. So this puts the GOP in poor company IMHO.
I'd agree except for one little detail; I don't believe there's anything in the republican platform that demands racial purity. So the stupid people are saying the repubs agree with racial purity (because it's not in their platform) and the dems are against racial purity (because it isn't in their platform). okeeee

I did not say I think the Gop is racist. I said that racist people claim the same politics as the GOP and as a result The GOP has people who do not look good as supporters. Also If you took my statement to mean that the GOP wanted racial purity And I can see how you may have. That was due to poor typing skills not personal opinion. And I did not say there were no racist groups in the south I said they are all over the country. There are a lot more than the KKK. You may or may know of the NAZI's,ARYAN's,and others the KKK is only one of many.
[So the stupid people are saying] A poor way to speak. But I have read support the GOP if you want your guns. SHAFT<MONTGOMERY>??? Please do not genralize, that is the problem. Taft is no more pro gun than Sara Brady and we all know it. Stop drawing lines in the dirt.

[
When I see articles discussing issues - in this case ohio politics - as a racial issue, I get turned off. Blackwell is the guy I'm voting for. I don't care if he's white, black or green (well, I'd have a problem if he were pink and wore purple suits).
The artical disscussed was why blacks did not support the GOP as a whole not just in Ohio. All I did was repeat some of the ideas I have heard,and read on the subject. As far as Blackwell goes I have spoken in his support on many occasions and comtinue to do so. I think most of my in-laws will vote Blackwell.
NDN MAN

GWC

Post by NDN MAN »

Read a history book on the subject. Most of the southern states seceded before LINCOLIN was elected and the president at that time stated the southern states had done nothing wrong according to the COTUS of the USA. There was no provision that thestates could not seced from the union. Nor were there provisions that the union could keep states from seceding. Lincolin did however toss the COTUS asside to start the war. But this is getting off topic. So read several books on the subject and not all from the same author please.
OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by OldManTod »

WOW!!!

"...But this is getting off topic. "

Excellent point, well spoken.

- T
"I feel sorry for you people who do not drink, when you wake up in the morning, that is as good as you are going to feel all day." - Dean
GWC

Re: GWC

Post by GWC »

NDN MAN wrote:Read a history book on the subject. Most of the southern states seceded before LINCOLIN was elected and the president at that time stated the southern states had done nothing wrong according to the COTUS of the USA. There was no provision that thestates could not seced from the union. Nor were there provisions that the union could keep states from seceding. Lincolin did however toss the COTUS asside to start the war. But this is getting off topic. So read several books on the subject and not all from the same author please.
Maybe I can't read a History book, but I can read a calendar.

Lincoln was ELECTED in November, 1860 He took office March 4, 1861.

The first state to secede was South Carolina in December of 1860, more than a month after the election. Lincoln had not taken office yet, but he clearly was elected before any state seceded.

I agree that the constitution is silent on secession, in fact New England almost seceded during the was of 1812. There was a constitutional crisis after the southern states seceded, since there is nothing in the constitution that allows or disallows secession. The US army divided into two factions, with officers moving as their political wishes took them either north or south.

But the war was not joined until Braxton Bragg opened fire on Fort Sumter, so the South started the war by any objective standard.

I ,too am a Blackwell supporter. I was disappointed when he let the Republican big-wigs talk him out of running for governor in 2000 (oops, I mean 1998). I think he is going to win by a pretty good margin.
Last edited by GWC on Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

I am a Blackwell fan, too. Though I confess I would not be at all disappointed if Petro were to win the nomination. I am curious about who is going to be the next Attorney General. I have'nt heard anything at all about that.
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
jmwildenthal

Next AG

Post by jmwildenthal »

tommcnaughton wrote:I am a Blackwell fan, too. Though I confess I would not be at all disappointed if Petro were to win the nomination. I am curious about who is going to be the next Attorney General. I have'nt heard anything at all about that.
Vote for Ed Grendel (sp?). He supports unlicensed carry in any manner (aka 2nd Amendment) and "Vermont/Alaska" style legislation. He spoke at the picnic this summer.
GWC

Post by GWC »

Wow, I forgot he is running. I think its spelled Grendell. Both he and his wife (who is a judge now) are very pro 2nd amendment. She was my Ohio Rep. when I lived in Geauga County and he is my State Senator now. OFCC PAC should definately back him.
jmwildenthal

Now I have the name.

Post by jmwildenthal »

GWC wrote:Wow, I forgot he is running. I think its spelled Grendell. Both he and his wife (who is a judge now) are very pro 2nd amendment. She was my Ohio Rep. when I lived in Geauga County and he is my State Senator now. OFCC PAC should definately back him.
TIM Grendell. Now that I have the correct spelling of the last name, Google works much better....

http://www.timgrendell.com/

Note the gentleman in the center of the picture on his webpage....

He also sponsored the bill requiring eminent domain to truly be for public use.

He is currently the ONLY one running for State AG in the Republican primary.
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Now I have the name.

Post by NavyChief »

jmwildenthal wrote:TIM Grendell. Now that I have the correct spelling of the last name, Google works much better...
He might be a swell guy. He might even be the right man for the job. This, from his web site though, disturbs me a little...

Grendell to Reintroduce Gas Price Oversight Legislation
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
GWC

Post by GWC »

That is a little disturbing, But at least he isn't saying the gas companies are gouging, only that he wants to find out. He also says if its market forces and lack of refining capacity, we need to address those issues (by drilling for oil and building refineries).

However, such a commission worries me. It could be used by demogogues to fix prices, which will lead to high prices AND short supply.

Overall I've been pretty happy with the positions that Tim And Diane Grendell have taken as my representitaves in state government. If I find someone I agree with on everything there is either something wrong with them or something wrong with me.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

GWC wrote:However, such a commission worries me. It could be used by demogogues to fix prices, which will lead to high prices AND short supply.
That's why I never vote for the Demagogues. I may not always select the Republican candidate, depending on the person, the office, or the issue, but I'll never vote for a Demagogue... :roll:
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.