Issues 2-5: DOA

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ballistic

Issues 2-5: DOA

Post by ballistic »

Not only did Issues 2-5 lose, but they lost big. According to Sec. Blackwell's website none of the 88 counties recorded more "yes" than "no" votes on any of these issues. The voting cut across not only political lines but any other demographic you care to mention. The voters really slapped around the MoveOn.org and ReformOhioNow.org folks. Think they'll learn from this?
LeiraHoward

Re: Issues 2-5: DOA

Post by LeiraHoward »

ballistic wrote:Think they'll learn from this?
Of course .... :roll:

...NOT!
glockinfairfield

Post by glockinfairfield »

Whew! Held my breath on this one. I'm glad the voters saw thru that mess. Those new Diebold machines are interesting!
Glocks and Nikons. Is this a great country or what!?
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

glockinfairfield wrote:Those new Diebold machines are interesting!
Yeah, now they can have a 6'4", 325lb "security guard" look over your shoulder to see how you vote...

Why do you insist on your privacy if you are doing nothing to be ashamed of...?
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
AkronGuy32

Post by AkronGuy32 »

Thank god that it failed though. The libs almost had a way to cheat in the 08 election. I'm in the Akron area, so punchcards are still here.

I finally understand what a "hanging chad" is though, lol.
NRA Life Member

The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

tommcnaughton wrote:
glockinfairfield wrote:Those new Diebold machines are interesting!
Yeah, now they can have a 6'4", 325lb "security guard" look over your shoulder to see how you vote...

Why do you insist on your privacy if you are doing nothing to be ashamed of...?
That's a good avatar Tom. :D
LeiraHoward

Post by LeiraHoward »

AkronGuy32 wrote:I finally understand what a "hanging chad" is though, lol.
My punch card machine malfunctioned (majorly!) while I was using it, I had pregnant chad, hanging chad, and a couple instances where the chad wasn't touched at all.

However, due to a large amount of common sense, I was STILL able to vote with the same card! I simply looked at the ballot, and manually punched out the appropriate number on the punch card! Amazing how SIMPLE that was! (Take THAT, Florida! :) )

Of course I notified the voting personnel when I handed in my ballot, they were very concerned and wanted to be VERY Sure that I was able to vote correctly, I could have gotten a new ballot if I had wanted one... and they closed that voting machine for repairs.

You'd THINK that the punch cards aren't THAT difficult to use... *sigh*