2018 OFCC General Election endorsements

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

2018 OFCC General Election endorsements

Post by Morne »

https://tinyurl.com/ycsrzv9u

This link has the press release with all of the 2018 General Election endorsements.

We have not (yet) endorsed for governor or judicial races. Judges can be tough since they don't take public positions on issues that might come before them. Obviously, there is current litigation that could get appealed to the Ohio Supreme Court.

Stay tuned.
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: 2018 OFCC General Election endorsements

Post by JustaShooter »

For those not on Facebook, here's an alternate link:

OFCC endorsements for 2018 general election.pdf
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Thanks!
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
kSetuni

Post by kSetuni »

Its not much, but to help with the judges I found this: https://ballotpedia.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It will at least show the party affiliation of each. I HATE having to vote along party lines, but often if you are unsure, then the republicans often, not always, are more conservative.

Sadly theres no easy way to dig into ruling records of these judges for those of us with limited time.

For the licking county ballot I selected the following for judges due to being republican:
Craig Baldwin
Mary Degenaro
Andrew king

For issue 1, one of the most compelling arguments for or against was this one against: Paul Pfeifer, a retired justice of the Ohio Supreme Court, said, "I think it is misguided on the policy itself. This is something for the General Assembly to deal with. Putting anything other than your basic constitutional rights into the constitution just doesn’t belong there."[17]

Hope this might help some others
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

kSetuni wrote:Its not much, but to help with the judges I found this: https://ballotpedia.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It will at least show the party affiliation of each. I HATE having to vote along party lines, but often if you are unsure, then the republicans often, not always, are more conservative.

Sadly theres no easy way to dig into ruling records of these judges for those of us with limited time.

For the licking county ballot I selected the following for judges due to being republican:
Craig Baldwin
Mary Degenaro
Andrew king

For issue 1, one of the most compelling arguments for or against was this one against: Paul Pfeifer, a retired justice of the Ohio Supreme Court, said, "I think it is misguided on the policy itself. This is something for the General Assembly to deal with. Putting anything other than your basic constitutional rights into the constitution just doesn’t belong there."[17]

Hope this might help some others
Nice! Thanks for posting that link.
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Just filled out my AB...thanks
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

re:
[For issue 1, one of the most compelling arguments for or against was this one against: Paul Pfeifer, a retired justice of the Ohio Supreme Court, said, "I think it is misguided on the policy itself. This is something for the General Assembly to deal with. Putting anything other than your basic constitutional rights into the constitution just doesn’t belong there."]

I agree. Simply stating ''But, but, it's a good idea...'' doesn't stand constitutional muster in my book.
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Pity they weren't that consistent with the smoking ban.
WhyNot wrote:re:
[For issue 1, one of the most compelling arguments for or against was this one against: Paul Pfeifer, a retired justice of the Ohio Supreme Court, said, "I think it is misguided on the policy itself. This is something for the General Assembly to deal with. Putting anything other than your basic constitutional rights into the constitution just doesn’t belong there."]

I agree. Simply stating ''But, but, it's a good idea...'' doesn't stand constitutional muster in my book.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

It may not be as bad as I think, but don't like seeing two Democrats get onto the Ohio Supreme Court. It may be enough to stir up the liberal cities to start demanding "home rule" on gun laws again.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Brian D. wrote:It may not be as bad as I think, but don't like seeing two Democrats get onto the Ohio Supreme Court. It may be enough to stir up the liberal cities to start demanding "home rule" on gun laws again.
Well, there are still five Republicans on the court. Might be more worrisome at the next election though.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

An FYI about Frank LaRose for a future date:
On a separate matter, the Hudson lawmaker was asked whether he sees an urgency in getting two controversial bills passed by the House — the Heartbeat Bill, which would make abortions illegal once a fetal heartbeat can be detected, and Stand Your Ground legislation, which increases gun rights — LaRose said, “Neither of those are on my top priority list.”
https://www.dispatch.com/news/20181121/ ... y-of-state
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

kcclark wrote:An FYI about Frank LaRose for a future date:
On a separate matter, the Hudson lawmaker was asked whether he sees an urgency in getting two controversial bills passed by the House — the Heartbeat Bill, which would make abortions illegal once a fetal heartbeat can be detected, and Stand Your Ground legislation, which increases gun rights — LaRose said, “Neither of those are on my top priority list.”
https://www.dispatch.com/news/20181121/ ... y-of-state
Keep it in context. Of course its not on his "top priority list", he's preparing to become the Secretary of State. What's the Secretary of State going to do for gun owners? (Other than mandate CHL are acceptable voter ID. You heard it here first)
Other are carrying OUR water on these issues, but the senate works as a team. I'd say his vote is reliable on both issues.
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)