Bloomberg targets Dave Joyce

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Bloomberg targets Dave Joyce

Post by Bruenor »

More of bloomy sticking his nose into other peoples politics.
http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf ... unded.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
An anti-gun violence group funded by more than $50 million from former New York city mayor Michael Bloomberg is targeting Rep. Dave Joyce with roughly $5,000 in digital ads.

Independent expenditure reports compiled by the Sunlight Foundation show "Everytown for Gun Safety Action Fund" has paid for digital ads and development of a website to oppose Joyce, a freshman GOP congressman from Russell Township.
The Everytown group maintains the "A" rating that Joyce has secured from the NRA means that he supports access to guns by felons, terrorists, and domestic abusers. The organization began a campaign last week to share that view with constituents of nine GOP Congress members with As from the NRA, including Joyce, said spokeswoman Erika Soto Lamb.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Tweed Ring

Re: Bloomberg targets Dave Joyce

Post by Tweed Ring »

Tactically, it’s the smart move. The best time to beat an incumbent is at the close of his first term. Mayor Bloomberg has the money – we shall soon learn if he has the votes. I think Congressman Joyce will win this contest.
mrbone

Post by mrbone »

Tweed Ring wrote:Tactically, it’s the smart move. The best time to beat an incumbent is at the close of his first term. Mayor Bloomberg has the money – we shall soon learn if he has the votes. I think Congressman Joyce will win this contest.
A Democrat cannot win Geauga county, which is the heart of this district. Although a Democrat can win Ashtabula, Portage, and Trumble, those counties are full of pro-firearms rural Democrats. Remember that pro-firearms Democrats Capri Cafaro and Marc Dann come from that area. I don't see how Joyce could lose this one, especially if the argument is that he's pro-firearms.
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

A friend of ours (David Conte) has been spearheading a push from the NRA-ILA for David Joyce for months now:

http://www.ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=81157" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I agree with Tweed Ring - I think David Joyce will retain his seat.
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;