Concealed Carry on Campus

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Jmann135

Concealed Carry on Campus

Post by Jmann135 »

Hey guys,

Has anyone heard of any movement on the issue of universities allowing concealed carry? I believe last year's bill that Kasich signed, allows the universities to independently vote on it. There are some open carry groups who participate at the University of Akron and Kent State, but any info on concealing?

Thanks,

Joe
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Concealed Carry on Campus

Post by JustaShooter »

I believe one small private college allows it, but as far as I know there are no large colleges or universities that allow the public to carry concealed on their premises. Ad, as far as public colleges and universities, I don't expect they ever will unless forced to do so.

But, as protected by Ohio law, open carry on the grounds of public colleges and universities is legal - however, they (apparently) are allowed to enforce rules prohibiting students and staff from doing so.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!