Summit County require pic ?

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

WeinerDog

Summit County require pic ?

Post by WeinerDog »

Did a search of summit county and now I have three questions. First do they still suck as far as wait time and for 3rd renewal do you need a picture. If I decide to go to Wayne county would I need a picture ?
502ci
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Summit County require pic ?

Post by 502ci »

I just renewed mine in Summit County two weeks ago for a third renewal...yes they want a picture. The picture technically is not required but tell them that at the window and it will not be worth the hassle. They say they are at a 4 week turn around so they are pretty slow right now. Last time I went there it was less than a week.
Nothing to see here...move along.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Yes, they still suck.

Yes, they require a picture.

Yes, if you renew in Wayne county and have not applied there before you will need a picture. Knowing Wayne County, I'd bet you could take a selfie with your phone and print it at Walmart for a buck or whatever (or heck, print it on a color printer and cut it out).
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Yes Summit County sucks. Go to Portage.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
WeinerDog

Post by WeinerDog »

Jeff, I was reading the Portage county questions answered by the sheriff and he said that a renewal from an adjacent county would be treated as new and would cost $67. Do you know if that is accurate or old info ?
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

That isn't correct info. Renewals are $50.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

pirateguy191 wrote:That isn't correct info. Renewals are $50.
Agreed - it is a renewal regardless of which county originally issued the license and which county is processing the renewal.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

pirateguy191 wrote:That isn't correct info. Renewals are $50.
The sheriff has bosses he/she must answer to. Down here the previous sheriff was a pain in some ways regarding concealed carry. It was driving license "business" elsewhere.

I enlisted the help of the county Auditor to deal with him. Auditor's job is all about fiscal responsibility.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.