Page 1 of 1

Cuyahoga renewal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:39 am
by jobu72
Just thought I would post for your knowledge.
My wife's first renewal in Cuyahoga county. Today is January 11. She scheduled online, but first available appointment was March 7! :shock:
She is required to pay with cashier check or money order, bring an updated 2x2 photo, DL and existing CHL.

I will try to remember to update afterward to see how it went.

Re: Cuyahoga renewal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:57 am
by pirateguy191
Very nice lady that handles it but her service time sucks.

Re: Cuyahoga renewal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:53 pm
by pk47
Why not go to an adjoining county? You'll get far better service.

Re: Cuyahoga renewal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:07 pm
by jobu72
pk47 wrote:Why not go to an adjoining county? You'll get far better service.


During a previous renewal of my own, I went to Geauga county. Just walked in, he did it, and printed it on the spot. So yeah, definitely an option. And don't have to pay to park out there either.

There isn't a rush to get her renewal, since we planned ahead luckily, maybe just a comfort level for her, going to the same place where she originally got it.

Re: Cuyahoga renewal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:30 pm
by pk47
I understand.

The comment about paying for parking is a bit confusing - in Parma where you do the CCW, it's an open lot area and no parking charges. Or do you renew somewhere downtown?

Re: Cuyahoga renewal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:00 pm
by jobu72
pk47 wrote:I understand.

The comment about paying for parking is a bit confusing - in Parma where you do the CCW, it's an open lot area and no parking charges. Or do you renew somewhere downtown?


Oh, ha, I never even asked where she goes. Didn't know it was in Parma. Just assumed. That's not too bad to get to.

Re: Cuyahoga renewal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:09 pm
by Glock Rock
pk47 wrote: in Parma where you do the CCW, it's an open lot area and no parking charges. Or do you renew somewhere downtown?


You can renew in Parma? This is news to me. A couple of renewals ago I went Justice Center downtown. When did a Parma renewal station open, and where is the best pierogi in Parma?

Re: Cuyahoga renewal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:05 pm
by djmac1964
Glock Rock wrote:
pk47 wrote: in Parma where you do the CCW, it's an open lot area and no parking charges. Or do you renew somewhere downtown?


You can renew in Parma? This is news to me. A couple of renewals ago I went Justice Center downtown. When did a Parma renewal station open, and where is the best pierogi in Parma?


It's been there for several years now, they moved the office from the justice center. Don't like pierogies, so I can't help ya there.

Re: Cuyahoga renewal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:43 pm
by gfrlaser
Pierogi & Onions at Amber Rose. Might be a bit far to go for you though.

Re: Cuyahoga renewal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:46 pm
by jobu72
I asked ... She got her first license there in Parma. So must have been there at least that long.