Grace period

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

pfc1966

Grace period

Post by pfc1966 »

My CCL expires 6/16/2017. I may be applying for Florida residency. Is there a grace period that my current ccl will still be valid after that date and if so How PNG? Thanks, Pat
life member NRA
life member GOA
10 year member SCI
10 year associate member ACGG
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Grace period

Post by JustaShooter »

Your Ohio CHL is valid *in Ohio* for 30 days after the expiration date. I would not expect any other state to honor that grace period.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
pfc1966

Post by pfc1966 »

I did find the 30 day grace period, but the out of state travel may be shakey. I do also have a PA. license, but florida will only honor a PA permit if it is a PA resident.. thanks for the reply as I would have not thought about other states acceptance.
life member NRA
life member GOA
10 year member SCI
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

You could always apply for you FL license now (or as soon as you decide for sure that you will become a FL resident). Since Ohio has a reciprocity agreement with FL, you can carry here in Ohio on that license even before you become a FL resident if your OH license expires before then.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
pfc1966

Post by pfc1966 »

I can only apply for a fl. non-resident license at this time as I don't have the required items to apply for fl. residency. (certified birth certificate, ect.) all up north. my PA. permit is good in all states I travel through except Fl. but when I bring all necessary paper work I can get fl. carry permit at the same time I apply for resident status. thanks for the input all who replied.
life member NRA
life member GOA
10 year member SCI
RF_Plumber

Post by RF_Plumber »

pfc1966 wrote:I can only apply for a fl. non-resident license at this time as I don't have the required items to apply for fl. residency. (certified birth certificate, ect.) all up north. my PA. permit is good in all states I travel through except Fl. but when I bring all necessary paper work I can get fl. carry permit at the same time I apply for resident status. thanks for the input all who replied.
There is no difference in Florida resident or non-resident licenses. They are the same license. They don't even put your address on them anymore. You can apply now for a Florida license and when you get to Florida just inform them of your address change. As has been said, if your Ohio license expires in the meantime you can carry in Ohio on the Florida license.
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.
--P.J. O'Rourke
pfc1966

Post by pfc1966 »

good point. will spend some time back on fl. CCL website
life member NRA
life member GOA
10 year member SCI