Pending child support contempt

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Mspencer18

Pending child support contempt

Post by Mspencer18 »

I have a question about question #6 on the CHL app that I have an appointment to turn in Friday. I am currently going through a child support case for contempt. I have not seen the judge at all yet my court date keeps getting continued by the child support enforcements attorney. By the time my next court date is I will have almost have my payments caught up and the case will be dropped. I know that child support contempt is a felony in Ohio but does not disqualify me from owning a firearm because it does not hold a sentence for mor than 1 year.

So finally here is my question, since I have not seen the judge and technically have not been charged with contempt do I answer yes or no to "are you under indictment for or otherwise charged with a felony"?

Like I said, I have not seen the judge nor is the case posted on any of the franklin county websites. All it was is I had a stretch of financial issues that have been since fixed.

By the way, I am new to the forum. Hello all glad to be here. Have read through a lot of stuff the last few months.
Mspencer18

Re: Pending child support contempt

Post by Mspencer18 »

The answer is no to the question. Went in a 10 to drop my application and got a text at 215 saying my license was ready for pick up.
someguy

Re: Pending child support contempt

Post by someguy »

Not a lot of people answer their own thread. Glad it worked out and WELCOME!