Good news!

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

CurbedSedition

Good news!

Post by CurbedSedition »

Last week I took a huge step toward protecting myself and my family: I applied for and received my CHL. Franklin County made the process very simple and clear! Given that turnaround times do vary based on numerous things (especially background checks), I was licensed and legal to carry in time for the weekend. I'll add some pointers for Franklin County applicants:

-Parking is $3 for the first hour or so in the parking garage. They do take plastic for parking.
-When you park, go the street level, walk around the building to the courtyard and look for the CCW office.
-Be ready to go through a metal detector (interpret that as you will). The guards will ensure you have your money if you are there for the application process. When they say EXACT change - they mean it!
-Be ready for a mug shot - the 2x2 photo you bring is not the one that goes on your license, they take another one.
-I made an appointment and the whole process took less than 10 minutes from the time I sat at the desk, to the time they took my photo and sent me packing.
-I was fortunate enough to get the text message to pick up my license about 3hrs later. Again - this will vary based on many things including your background check, and likely volume of applications they are processing. I am only sharing MY experience.
-This was an initial application, I don't know how renewals go.

Again, I just wanted to share MY personal experience and some provide some information I would have appreciated knowing beforehand. I'd also like to offer encouragement to any ladies out there considering getting their CCW. If you're feeling apprehensive for any reason feel free to message me.

Now, fingers crossed -- let's hope I never have to use it.
The mind is like a parachute — it only works when it's open.
US Army • 56M • 2003-2012
OIF 2009-2010
VFW Member
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Good news!

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Congrats.....and Stay Safe...
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Good news!

Post by Sevens »

Congrats are in order for you! I still remember how "different" it felt when I got my license. Got mine in the autumn of 2008 and these days, it is very much a part of who I am. Many folks in these pages have been carrying FAR longer than I have. Take a gander at the "Lessons of long time carry" discussion for many views on this new "lifestyle."

Your tips and experiences are helpful, nice documenting of them and appreciate this discussion! ;)
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!