Cuyahoga resident getting new chl

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Amandaleigh89

Cuyahoga resident getting new chl

Post by Amandaleigh89 »

Hey all, I'm new here. I just passed my ccw course and am applying for my license as soon as I can. I live in Cuyahoga county but the soonest they can get me in is 2 months from now. I was looking to apply in Medina, Lake, or Lorain. All of which I can get in within the next 2 weeks. I don't mind the travel time for any of the counties I'm just wondering which one has the best turn around rate and best experience. Thanks in advance!!
Brian D.

Re: Cuyahoga resident getting new chl

Post by Brian D. »

Welcome! We have a huge, long running thread about this very subject. I'm from the opposite end of Ohio but as memory serves, Lake County has a good track record. But please go look it up for yourself, and check out the rest of these forums.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Well, seems as if I remembered correctly, just took a peek in this section and found thumbs up for Lake County.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Anthd

Post by Anthd »

Definitely go to Lake county. You'll have your license same day, plus the sheriffs are great.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"

General George Washington
Amandaleigh89

Post by Amandaleigh89 »

Thanks everyone, I saw the previous posts but did not know if any changes have gone in effect in the last 6 months or so. Being new to all of this I just want to triple check everything. :D

Also, I apologize for the double post. My phone had froze up when I submitted the first one so I assumed it failed to send before being sent to the mods for approval. :oops:
Amandaleigh89

Post by Amandaleigh89 »

Ok, one more silly question... I signed up for Lake County. It says nothing on the website about a passport photo. I tried calling twice today and was unable to get through to anyone. Do I need to bring one? The class I took said I'd need one but if I don't need one I'd like to save that extra expense.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Lake County in and out with license in 30 minutes. Same with Portage County.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Welcome and congratulations.
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
EChryst

Post by EChryst »

2 more great experiences for cuyahoga residents in lake county right here.
-Erik
mreising

Post by mreising »

I can't answer whether Lake will require the passport photo, but if you are a AAA member, they take them for free. If not, you can get one a Walgreens or similar places for less than $10 for 2 photos. It's always handy to have one for other applications. Welcome
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Amandaleigh89 wrote:Ok, one more silly question... I signed up for Lake County. It says nothing on the website about a passport photo. I tried calling twice today and was unable to get through to anyone. Do I need to bring one? The class I took said I'd need one but if I don't need one I'd like to save that extra expense.
It is required for you initial application, some counties will take them for you but most require you to bring one. It does not have to be an actual passport photo, just passport photo size so take a picture with your cell phone and have a 2" x 3" wallet sized print made at Walmart (I think they are under $1 for two) and trim it to 2" x 2".
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
rouger10

Post by rouger10 »

JustaShooter wrote:
Amandaleigh89 wrote:Ok, one more silly question... I signed up for Lake County. It says nothing on the website about a passport photo. I tried calling twice today and was unable to get through to anyone. Do I need to bring one? The class I took said I'd need one but if I don't need one I'd like to save that extra expense.
It is required for you initial application, some counties will take them for you but most require you to bring one. It does not have to be an actual passport photo, just passport photo size so take a picture with your cell phone and have a 2" x 3" wallet sized print made at Walmart (I think they are under $1 for two) and trim it to 2" x 2".
There is also a website (or probably an app too) that will let you import your cell phone picture and save it. Then you can send it to walmart or where ever you want to print. If I remember correctly, there are a few 2x2 pix per print.

Here is one http://www.idphoto4you.com/

Hope this helps.

Roger
Amandaleigh89

Post by Amandaleigh89 »

Thanks everyone.
I went on Tuesday 800 appointment and I was out of there by 808 with my chl in hand!