Blind man goes to renew CHL at Franklin County

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

techguy85

Blind man goes to renew CHL at Franklin County

Post by techguy85 »

I went to Franklin County to renew my Concealed Handgun License this week as mine expires in December. I was prepared for the possibility that my legal blindness might become an issue and that it may have ended up in court, as it has in a couple of other places including once here in Ohio. I am confident, however, that there is no statutory ground for an Ohio Sherriff to deny a license to a person qualified under R.C. 2923.125, and thus I was fully ready to challenge any denial issued, and had plenty of current and former instructors ready to come testify at my hearing if needed.
I am happy to report that it turned out not to be an issue at all. Within an hour and a half of my renewal application and fingerprints being completed, they called me to tell me my license was ready.
Went back this afternoon to pick it up and again had no issues. After signing for receiving it, the gentlemen just said, “see you in five years.”
Got back out of the building and in the truck on the way to weight lift when I pulled the license out of the paper sleeve they put it in and realized that they had given me someone else’s CHL.
So, back to find parking, back through the security checkpoint we went. The guy behind the counter looked super surprised to see us, and when I told him what had happened he looked even more confused. After he looked through the folder in the back he ended up having to go print me a new license.
All is well that ends well I guess. Just cost me an extra little bit for unnecessary parking.
Big thanks to Stryker74 for going down with me to apply.
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Blind man goes to renew CHL at Franklin County

Post by djmac1964 »

Great to hear!
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Blind man goes to renew CHL at Franklin County

Post by WY_Not »

Did you tell the guy at the desk, "I'm blind but I'm not that blind?" :mrgreen:

Wonder if the person whose CHL you got also got yours. And, if so have they realized it yet.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.