Renewal - Different County

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

hobiecat111629

Renewal - Different County

Post by hobiecat111629 »

I remember that when I originally got my Ohio CHL, that I was able to apply in an adjacent county and have since moved several counties north and am no longer adjacent. Can I renew in my new county or do I have to go to the original county and rewnew there?
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Renewal - Different County

Post by Stryker74 »

Renew in the county you live in now, or any adjacent county to the one you live in now.

Make sure you have updated your driver's license or other identification to show that you live in the new county.

Did you happen to call the county where you got your original license to let them know you moved? If not, just know that you are supposed to notify the sheriff when you move.
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Renewal - Different County

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

And don't let the new county try to charge you more than the $50 renewal cost.
MyWifeSaidYes