background check

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

mpc2623

background check

Post by mpc2623 »

I have an arson charge from 12 years ago and it was reduced to an M1. Charge was 2909.03a1. Will this prevent me from being able to get my ccw? It is considered an act of violence but im not sure exackly what are the disqualifiers. Please help.
sparky43040

Re: background check

Post by sparky43040 »

I'm probably too late to help & IMNAL...but I dont think a M1 will prevent you from getting your CCW Good Luck
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

sparky43040 wrote:I'm probably too late to help & IMNAL...but I dont think a M1 will prevent you from getting your CCW Good Luck
There are misdemeanors that will prevent you from getting a CHL, so that really isn't the determining factor.

To the OP, I am also not a lawyer but if you were convicted under 2909.03 (A) (1) as an M1, I don't see where that would prevent you from getting your license.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
sparky43040

Post by sparky43040 »

See I ain't as smart as I said I was!