Application County help

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Wash Doc

Application County help

Post by Wash Doc »

I've been perusing the forums, and I am from Stark county.
I have seen many posts about Wayne and Portage county having an excellent turn around, Summit and Stark being less than desirable.
Since the new application process was enacted, I have heard of a few good albeit rare experiences in Stark county.
Any newer CHL holders out there to chime in? Say the last 2 months? Most of the relevant posts I have read vary in age between 5 months to several years.
Class is tomorrow, and plan on scooting as quickly as I can. :)
Regal Beagle

Re: Application County help

Post by Regal Beagle »

I am renewing in Wayne today, I'll let you know how it goes.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

I had two students go to Portage County this week and walk out with their license in 30 minutes. They suggest an appointment but do take walk-ins.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Everyone I know of that has gone to Stark County recently has had a good experience. If it weren't for the limited hours and the inability to schedule an appointment, I'd probably go there for my next renewal instead of Wayne.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

You mean to tell me that you have to renew your CHL ? :P
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Regal Beagle

Post by Regal Beagle »

Turned in everything Friday afternoon. They said they would run the checks Monday morning, and if everything was clean, they would mail it out Monday afternoon.

You do need to schedule about 2-3 weeks in advance, unless you are flexible with the times you can go.
Wash Doc

Post by Wash Doc »

Wayne county was scheduling for after the first, and Portage was a message without a returned call as of yet. I think I'll just plop my scruffy carcass at the office in Stark Thursday morning, as they said they do walk ins only, first come first served, and see how it goes. Wish me luck :D
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Wash Doc wrote:I think I'll just plop my scruffy carcass at the office in Stark Thursday morning, as they said they do walk ins only, first come first served, and see how it goes. Wish me luck :D
Luck, and be sure to post back with how it goes!
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Wash Doc

Post by Wash Doc »

Absolutely. Updated address on my drivers license, a 4 day old passport photo, a neat clean envelope with my papers and a pristine money order for 67.00
To top it off a beaming smile. Hopefully goes well. Lol
Wash Doc

Post by Wash Doc »

Update: Walked in this morning to the Stark County office at 6:58. Got called in at 7:01.
Handed over my paperwork, filled out the money order information, was handed an envelope to write my address on, finger printed, the photo I brought attached to the application, a photo taken and posted to the preliminary license. Deputy Neading was awesome, friendly, fast and professional. I was told if all went well with the background check it should be in the mail in a day or so.
Walked out to my vehicle at 7:12 pleased with the results so far, and grateful they have streamlined the process, as there were 3/4 people waiting after me when I exited.
Now for the waiting game. :)
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Barring any background chaeck issues, the USPS will be the longest part of that wait. :P
MyWifeSaidYes
Wash Doc

Post by Wash Doc »

Update: Stark county
Applied 8/25 at 7am and got my permit in the mail at 2pm 8/27
Very fast. :D