I dont know how I should answer.

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Jiinxt

I dont know how I should answer.

Post by Jiinxt »

Hi everyone,

I know there are multiple of this exact post on here. Ive been searching for about an hour and see nothing about how I should answer question 7A on the ccw application.

I was charged at 18 (6 years ago) for a minor misdemenor for posession of marijuana, and since have had it sealed / expunged. Nothing else on my record.

Does that mean I can say no to question 7A: " Are you under indictment for, or otherwise charged with, or have you been convicted of, or pleaded guilty to an offense under ORC 2925, 3719, or 4729, that involves illegal possession, use, sale, administration, distribution of, or traf cking in a drug of abuse?"

I just want to follow the law and am unsure of how I should answer that question.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: I dont know how I should answer.

Post by JustaShooter »

The application says "FOR THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS 6, 7A, 7B, DO NOT INCLUDE ANY CONVICTION FOR WHICH A COURT HAS
ORDERED SEALED OR EXPUNGED OR RELATIVE TO WHICH A COURT HAS GRANTED RELIEF FROM DISABILITY
PURSUANT TO ORC 2923.14, OR A CONVICTION FOR A MINOR MISDEMEANOR LEVEL OFFENSE."

So, it reads to me like you should answer No.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Jiinxt

Re: I dont know how I should answer.

Post by Jiinxt »

JustaShooter wrote:The application says "FOR THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS 6, 7A, 7B, DO NOT INCLUDE ANY CONVICTION FOR WHICH A COURT HAS
ORDERED SEALED OR EXPUNGED OR RELATIVE TO WHICH A COURT HAS GRANTED RELIEF FROM DISABILITY
PURSUANT TO ORC 2923.14, OR A CONVICTION FOR A MINOR MISDEMEANOR LEVEL OFFENSE."

So, it reads to me like you should answer No.
I did not see that! Thank you! I just registered to take the training classes and was just skimming over the application. Much appreciated!