Portage County great job

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

hughewil

Portage County great job

Post by hughewil »

Went today and turned in my paperwork. The lady was very friendly, the process was quick and easy, and I walked out with my new CCW license in hand in about 30 minutes.
Brian D.

Re: Portage County great job

Post by Brian D. »

Hello, welcome. We sort of prefer to call it a "CHL", concealed handgun license. "CCW" is old police jargon for those miscreants who would (and still do because they're criminals) "carry concealed weapons" unlawfully.

Really do appreciate your report on Portage County, always good to have such info.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
xDeaconx

Re: Portage County great job

Post by xDeaconx »

I know it is an old thread, however I did want to also praise Portage County. I made an appointment on Monday, went in on Friday and showed up early to my appointment time. Had all my information and within 20 minutes or so I walked out with my CHL. The Sheriff who helped me was a great guy to work with and very curious the who time. I highly recommend!