45DAY Applications @ Hocking County

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

18M_RWR
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

45DAY Applications @ Hocking County

Post by 18M_RWR »

Received the phone call from Hocking County Sheriff department at 2:58PM today that I can come down to finish up my CHL license. They used just about every hour of the 45days. They made it real easy to submit the application but it seems they have changed their policy from turning them around as quick as they come back from BCI to using every possible hour allotted to them.

At least I will finally have as soon as I can get down there...
μολων λαβe
NRA Member
OFCC Member
BFA Member
dirt late model racer
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: 45DAY Applications @ Hocking County

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

You can certainly ask them what took so long.

If they didn't get the info they needed, it's not their fault, let alone their 'policy'.

Or, they could have simply turned into a*******s.

I'm not defending them, just suggesting to keep an open mind and place blame where it is due.

Let me know when you're going to pick up your license. I'll meet up with you and we can grab a soft drink or coffee.
MyWifeSaidYes
18M_RWR
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by 18M_RWR »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:You can certainly ask them what took so long.

If they didn't get the info they needed, it's not their fault, let alone their 'policy'.

Or, they could have simply turned into a*******s.

I'm not defending them, just suggesting to keep an open mind and place blame where it is due.

Let me know when you're going to pick up your license. I'll meet up with you and we can grab a soft drink or coffee.
I definitely plan to try and find out why my application took exactly 45 days to be processed. If they tell me anything I will post it in this thread.
If it was the BCI or other agencies that caused the long wait I will place blame where it belongs. It was something I remembered a couple of weeks ago that Deputy Patrick Longfellow saying during our conversations when I dropped my application off about him having 45 days.

Grabbing a soda or coffee sounds good and would like to meet up sometime :)
I was actually thinking of trying to take an extra long lunch today and run down there to pick up my CHL but I wouldn't have time to meet up today :( If you are free Wednesday late afternoon I guess I could wait another day and pick it up then.
μολων λαβe
NRA Member
OFCC Member
BFA Member
dirt late model racer
18M_RWR
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by 18M_RWR »

I picked up my license from Deputy Patrick LIGHTFOOT Wednesday (4/6) afternoon :D
It only took 10min once I was called back to his office from the waiting area for him to take my picture, finish the paperwork and print my license.

He said I got lucky because most of Logan was without power (which I noticed as I drove through town) including the Sheriff's department but his office was one of the few non-critical offices on their back up generator :)

We talked about the time it took my license to get processed. He said it was a combination of the following things (in no particular order):
- BCI being backed up with all the requests
- Fairfield County dumping a ton of people on him (if called Fairfield county today to schedule an appointment they would say middle of May).
- He is also responsible for all the sex offenders in the county and of course that takes precedent and pulls him away from processing applications.

He added he just can't keep up with processing the applications as timely anymore.

As I was waiting to get called back there was another guy there to pick up his license and he said he submitted it on 2/10 (9 days earlier than me).

I have been incorrectly calling Deputy LIGHTFOOT Longfellow in all my previous posts. Another member pointed out in another post that I had it wrong. And I confirmed Wednesday he was right I have posted it incorrect in all my previous posts.
μολων λαβe
NRA Member
OFCC Member
BFA Member
dirt late model racer
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

18M_RWR wrote:... If you are free Wednesday late afternoon I guess I could wait another day and pick it up then.
I'm not sure how I missed your post. :oops:

Congrats!
MyWifeSaidYes