Renewal question/legal

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

foth

Renewal question/legal

Post by foth »

In 2007 I was convicted of complicity to an assault (aiding in the crime) but is considered a violent crime a misdemeanor. I had my CCW suspended and after 3 years from my conviction date I was able to get it back. I have nothing since other than a speeding ticket. I am due to renew in March and was filling out the renewal form and it seems the questions have changed??? It used to be worded something like have you been convicted of a misdemeanor of violence at least 3 years from the date of this application? Something to that nature. Now it is worded see below

FOR THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS 6, 7A, 7B, DO NOT INCLUDE ANY CONVICTION FOR WHICH A COURT HAS
ORDERED SEALED OR EXPUNGED OR RELATIVE TO WHICH A COURT HAS GRANTED RELIEF FROM DISABILITY
PURSUANT TO ORC 2923.14, OR A CONVICTION FOR A MINOR MISDEMEANOR LEVEL OFFENSE.

(8) Have you ever been convicted of, or pleaded guilty to, a misdemeanor offense of violence, charge
of domestic violence, or a similar offense, in this or any other state?

My question is am I good to renew because I have my CCW currently as this falls in the minor misdemeanor catagory or do I now have to get it expunged? Then if I must get the expungement I would say how am I still allowed to continue to have my CCW at all? I want no more legal troubles so I want to make sure I'm not violating anything.

Thank you all for any input!!!! I am beyond confused.