How do I appeal denied Concealed Carry Application

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

fem_phoenix1109

How do I appeal denied Concealed Carry Application

Post by fem_phoenix1109 »

Hello,

I recently applied for my CCW in Franklin county and was denied due to a felony in 2008. At the time, the judgment was 'Withhold Judgment' and charges were dismissed after I completed the conditions of probation and fines. Since it was dismissed, there is no conviction on my record. I have requested a copy from the county where the charges were of all documentation that shows the charges were in fact dismissed, which I plan to use to file an appeal.

My question is - how do I actually file the appeal? I went to the Franklin county website and cannot for the life of me figure out how to actually do this. I signed up for their efile service hoping to just do it there, but none of the options seem right. Can someone please point me in the right direction? I am hoping to file the appeal on my own without having to get a lawyer as i am a single mom and in school and just don't know that I could afford it.

Thanks!
Brian D.

Re: How do I appeal denied Concealed Carry Application

Post by Brian D. »

Try contacting the Franklin County Clerk of Courts, preferably by phone or in person. They may just tell you to lawyer up but no harm in asking.

Also look at this board or OFCC'S main page for a listing of attorneys specializing in gun rights issues. If there's an easy/quick/inexpensive way they'll know it.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: How do I appeal denied Concealed Carry Application

Post by cashman966 »

You may want to contact the sheriff's office to see if they have an in house challenge system as described in 2923.127 Challenging denial of license.

But whatever you do act quickly I may be wrong but I think you only have 15 days to file an appeal from the date of the mailing of your denial letter.
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.