2917.11(A)(2) disorderly conduct charge

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Kiowa17

2917.11(A)(2) disorderly conduct charge

Post by Kiowa17 »

While working at my local Sheriffs Office as a CO an unfortunate incident occurred.

Long story short I was charged with F5 domestic violence that I later to a plea of M4 disorderly conduct. It was a ridiculous charge being that there was no physical contact but regardless I kept my job because of the "non violent" aspect.

2917.11(A)(2)-unreasonable noise or an offensively coarse utterance, gesture, or display or communicating unwarranted and grossly abusive language to any person;

If I remember correctly my attorney said they did the (A)(2) section so I could still carry a firearm. Does this count in the civilian world as well? The only reason I ask is because I recently left that job for another non law enforcement job. My attorney is on vacation otherwise I would just ask him.

Can I still buy firearms/ apply for my ccw?

Thanks
BobK

Re: 2917.11(A)(2) disorderly conduct charge

Post by BobK »

I see it is your first post, so WELCOME!
RC 2917.11 Disorderly conduct.
(A) No person shall recklessly cause inconvenience, annoyance, or alarm to another by doing any of the following:
(2) Making unreasonable noise or an offensively coarse utterance, gesture, or display or communicating unwarranted and grossly abusive language to any person;
Yes, this does not disqualify you from firearms possession.

In addition, RC 2917.11 is not one of the misdemeanor "Offense of Violence" so this does not disqualify you from applying for a concealed handgun license ("CHL").
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Kiowa17

Re: 2917.11(A)(2) disorderly conduct charge

Post by Kiowa17 »

BobK wrote: Yes, this does not disqualify you from firearms possession.

In addition, RC 2917.11 is not one of the misdemeanor "Offense of Violence" so this does not disqualify you from applying for a concealed handgun license ("CHL").
That's great news to hear, appreciate the speedy reply.