Montgomery County First CHL Wait Time

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

layman_1141

Montgomery County First CHL Wait Time

Post by layman_1141 »

Hello everyone, I just got my application turned in at Montgomery county and was told that I was probably looking at a couple of weeks. I was just wondering if anyone else has had a recent experience there and what your wait time was.

Thanks in advace
layman_1141

Re: Montgomery County First CHL Wait Time

Post by layman_1141 »

All I can say is that I'm impressed. I turned in my app on Friday the 23rd and got a call on Monday the 26th to pick it up. Also, you can pick it up 24/7 at the Montgomery county sheriff's office. So I went and got it at 10 last night. I'm so stoked. :D
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

Welcome to the ranks of law abiding citizens that are taking steps to ensure personal safety. Remember a card in the wallet does nothing without the steel (or polymer) to back it up.
layman_1141

Post by layman_1141 »

Thank you sir. It really feels good to both protect myself and flex my second amendment right. The card in the wallet is backed up with the polymer glock 19 loaded with hollowpoints. I don't think I'll ever leave home without it.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Speaking of the card itself: Some counties put them on more fade resistant materials than others. I keep mine in the paper sleeve it came in. First one I laminated, but alas I have no such machine at my workplace these days.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
layman_1141

Post by layman_1141 »

The card that I received seems to be just like my driver's license. It even has a hologram sheriff's star in the center. Not sure if all counties do it this way, but that's how mine is.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

layman_1141 wrote:The card that I received seems to be just like my driver's license. It even has a hologram sheriff's star in the center. Not sure if all counties do it this way, but that's how mine is.
Keep an eye on it for degradation anyhow.

********************************************************************************
layman_1141

Post by layman_1141 »

Thank you for the heads up and I'll be sure to watch out for it.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

A couple of weeks makes me wonder if they're getting a lot of applications. Everyone that I know that got theirs through Montgomery County has told me that it took them 1-3 days.
BigCat77

Post by BigCat77 »

I submitted my application on 12/21 and still waiting.
rod727

Post by rod727 »

Submitted my renewal application in Monthomery county 3 weeks ago tomorrow on December 16th. She told me at the time it would be 3 weeks for some reason I thought it would be sooner but tomorrow is 3 weeks on the nose. I am shocked a renewal takes that long
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

My guess is that they had a light staff due to the holidays.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

WY_Not wrote:My guess is that they had a light staff due to the holidays.
Sadly, in some smaller counties only one person seems to be capable of processing CHLs. They go on vacation, get sick, whatever, things come to a grinding halt. I find that very poor organization by the way

Montgomery County is obviously not a small population place but I wonder just how many people there have to be off work to hamstring their CHL process?

Six Shooter

Post by Six Shooter »

Some, (Carmen) might laugh at this. I did.

"My concealed carry permit arrived in the mail this morning.This afternoon I went over to the local Bass Pro Shop to buy a 9mm handgun for home/personal protection. When I was ready to pay for the pistol and ammo, the cashier said, “Strip down, facing me.” Making a mental note to complain to the NRA about the gun-control wackos running amok, I did just as she had instructed.
When the hysterical shrieking and alarms finally subsided, I found out she was referring to how I should place my credit card in the card reader!!! As an intelligent senior citizen, I do not get flustered often. But this time, it took me a while to get my pants back on.
I’ve been asked to shop elsewhere in the future. They need to make their instructions to seniors a little more clear."

:)

{Amusing, but let's stay on topic-sabalo}
rod727

Post by rod727 »

rod727 wrote:Submitted my renewal application in Monthomery county 3 weeks ago tomorrow on December 16th. She told me at the time it would be 3 weeks for some reason I thought it would be sooner but tomorrow is 3 weeks on the nose. I am shocked a renewal takes that long

3 full weeks + 1 day for Montgomery county renewal and counting!