Never applied for license and my training is expired

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

atljar

Never applied for license and my training is expired

Post by atljar »

I took an Ohio approved CHL class about 4 years ago. Life moved on and I never officially applied for the license. Ohio says my training is expired because it is over 3 years old.

Is there anyway to renew training without taking the full set of classes again? Or is is just easier to apply for a FL non resident?
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Never applied for license and my training is expired

Post by Cruiser »

Best to do Ohio. And the course is shorter now then when you last took it.
Abandon ye all HOPE!
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

I agree with Cruiser. The class requirements changed to 8 hours total, including 2 hours of range time, earlier this year. And if you find an instructor who does a good job on the legal stuff, that by itself is worth re-taking the class since much has changed in the past 4 years. With the going rate for classes somewhere in the $75 range, plus application fee of $67, you aren't much different than the FL $112 fee plus fingerprint card. And having a license from the state you reside in has other benefits.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
atljar

Post by atljar »

Thanks for the responses and advice!