List of Addresses For Renewal

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

List of Addresses For Renewal

Post by djmac1964 »

Can anyone point me the the section of the ORC that says you only need address for the past five years, or back to the issuance of your current license, for a renewal application, please.
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: List of Addresses For Renewal

Post by JustaShooter »

djmac1964 wrote:Can anyone point me the the section of the ORC that says you only need address for the past five years, or back to the issuance of your current license, for a renewal application, please.
The new application at http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/File ... plication-(P.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; does not ask for anything other than your current address. It appears they have completely removed the section with historical addresses.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

Thanks Dave, but I wanted to print out the section of the ORC that states it specifically. Wife is going in for renewal tomorrow, and when she called Geauga, they told her she needs all of her addresses from 18yrs old, which is BS.
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

The new application only uses current address. That's all they need to know.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

Here ya go Don!

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/109.731" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(A)

(1) The attorney general shall prescribe, and shall make available to sheriffs

an application form that is to be used under section 2923.125 of the Revised Code by a person who applies for a concealed handgun license and an application form that is to be used under section 2923.125 of the Revised Code by a person who applies for the renewal of a license of that nature

. The attorney general shall design the form to enable applicants to provide the information that is required by law to be collected, and shall update the form as necessary. Burdens or restrictions to obtaining a concealed handgun license that are not expressly prescribed in law shall not be incorporated into the form. The attorney general shall post a printable version of the form on the web site of the attorney general and shall provide the address of the web site to any person who requests the form.
I interpret that as saying - if it ain't on the form, it ain't required by law. Plus, the code for 2923.125 Application and licensing process says you have to bring (B) (1) through (5) as a resident, along with the application provided by the attorney general.
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Stryker74 wrote:Here ya go Don!

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/109.731" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What he said - I just found the same section - I'm a bit slow tonight... LOL
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

Thanks for the help guys, it's appreciated!
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member

Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

I renewed tonight in Hocking county. I'd printed the AG's latest form, filled it out completely and other than some technical difficulty with capturing my picture for the license( yes.. maybe I did break the camera :oops: ) I was on my way, new license in hand.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

The old form required it because...well...the form was in the law. The new form doesn't require it because the power to create the form was given to the AG. Since he saw that section as pointless, he removed it.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

The wife went in today, used the new app, no questions, in and out in 10 min, license is being mailed back to her. All is well, and Geauga gets a big thumbs up for this one.
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member

steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

djmac1964 wrote:The wife went in today, used the new app, no questions, in and out in 10 min, license is being mailed back to her. All is well, and Geauga gets a big thumbs up for this one.
I should of went back to lorain july 20 on my renewal app in cuy county and no license yet. :roll: :twisted:
Black Rifles Matter
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

steves 50de wrote:I should of went back to lorain july 20 on my renewal app in cuy county and no license yet. :roll: :twisted:
Hopefully you will get the call soon, that sucks!
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

steves 50de wrote:I should of went back to lorain july 20 on my renewal app in cuy county and no license yet. :roll: :twisted:
That really is lousy, Steve. I had a chance this weekend to chat with somebody up the chain of command in one of the SW Ohio county's sheriff's office. In short there's no reason that a renewal should take longer than minutes to take care of, and this guy acknowledged that some S.O.'s are very poorly managed. And that others have a sheriff who doesn't believe in "civilian" carry and hence drag out the process on purpose.

[sarcasm]Now that's somebody I'd really want running a law enforcement agency, an ego driven meddler/bully.[/sarcasm]
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

djmac1964 wrote:
They mail it back i put my address on an envolope for them to put in the mail. :roll:
Black Rifles Matter
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

steves 50de wrote:
djmac1964 wrote:
They mail it back i put my address on an envolope for them to put in the mail. :roll:
Maybe you should try calling them to see if it was sent. I've heard about quite a few people getting them back in less than two weeks in Cuyahoga, so it could be that it was mailed, and you never received it.
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member