What's the holdup?

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ZeroLT1

What's the holdup?

Post by ZeroLT1 »

Hello all!

I'm kinda curious as to what may be the factor in the speed, or lack there of, when it comes to CHL's being processed.

Let me add this... My grandfather-in-law went to Sandusky County and filed all the paperwork and had his CHL in literally 20 minutes. I submitted my application on June 27th in Erie County and have not heard a word yet. Last night my wife applied in Lorain County (8pm) and they called her 12pm today.

I know I'm being slightly impatient but I'm wonder what could be the hold up? There isn't anything on my record but a few speeding tickets.

Thanks!
JediSkipdogg

Re: What's the holdup?

Post by JediSkipdogg »

When someone figures it out I'd love to know. I've been trying to figure out for years why some can do same day, some next day, and some next year (not literally but it feels like it.)
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
gfrlaser

Post by gfrlaser »

Best way to find out might be to call them.
"The sins of the evil do not justify restricting the rights of the good"
concreteguy

Post by concreteguy »

i got mine in a week in the middle of winter. My wife just got hers(same county) and it took over two weeks. I would bet summer vacation had a little to do with it.
ZeroLT1

Post by ZeroLT1 »

I called last week and finally got in contact with someone there. They said they were "still waiting to hear back". It has been a week since I called (going on 4 weeks now) and still nothing. I'm guessing a big dose of patients is what I need.

Also, I'm thinking that calling periodically to check on the status would only frustrate the person processing applications...
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

ZeroLT1 wrote:I'm guessing a big dose of patients is what I need.

Also, I'm thinking that calling periodically to check on the status would only frustrate the person processing applications...
I think you are correct on both counts. Once you start getting close to the 45 day mark, I'd just let the process happen.

(For future reference, you can often shorten the wait by carefully picking the county in which you apply. Stark County where I live is not known for quick turnarounds, but Wayne County which borders Stark is so known. I applied there and had my license issued the next day and in my hands a day after that.)
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
ZeroLT1

Post by ZeroLT1 »

I finally got my call last night and picked up my license today. 33 days later...
lash44

Post by lash44 »

gfrlaser wrote:Best way to find out might be to call them.
Called Cuyohaga County twice, no call back ? :twisted: