Moved out of state...can I still renew?

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bpang1

Moved out of state...can I still renew?

Post by bpang1 »

I'm sorry to post another topic but I have been searching for a few weeks off and on.

I've moved out of the state (Washington) but would still like to have an Ohio CHL...mostly because it is far more convenient than the WA one in terms of reciprocity.

Does anyone know if I must have an in-person appointment or if there is a way to have it renewed via the mail or a call in to the Sheriff's office? For reference, it is a Clinton County issued CHL.

Thank you for any answers.
JediSkipdogg

Re: Moved out of state...can I still renew?

Post by JediSkipdogg »

The only way you can have an Ohio CHL is if you live or work in Ohio. Once you leave Ohio, it is good until it expires but there is no way to renew it unless you live or work in Ohio.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Moved out of state...can I still renew?

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

JediSkipdogg wrote:The only way you can have an Ohio CHL is if you live or work in Ohio. Once you leave Ohio, it is good until it expires but there is no way to renew it unless you live or work in Ohio.
That'll teach him to move out of state. :P
MyWifeSaidYes