Renewal Jefferson County

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

budman70

Renewal Jefferson County

Post by budman70 »

Called the SO this morning and was told to call back after 1pm to be sure the deputy that does ccw would be in the office. No appointment needed. Went to the SO checked in at 120pm and left with my new permit at 145pm. The deputy even dated my renewal for 6/8/15 so I wouldn't lose the 2 months that are left on the original. Said it wouldn't be fair to lose that time. All in all a very pleasant experience.
Chu Lai 67-68
Brian D.

Re: Renewal Jefferson County

Post by Brian D. »

Thanks for sharing. I wish all sheriff's offices were on the same page with regard to not losing those last few weeks from the previous license. If I'm paying for a five year license I want five years not four years and 10 months. Clermont County shorted me like that last time and i couldn't get them to change their minds.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Does the ORC say anything about the License date of issue?
Abandon ye all HOPE!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I looked for that briefly after it happened to me, Cruise. Way I remember the law isn't completely clear in that regard. And of course we know how much emphasis common sense has in such matters with the government at all levels.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.